Want To Go Racing?

Rooo

A new racing series for budget-minded buffs could get off the ground this year should a plan by a new Thai-based racing car manufacturer come to fruition. The 999 Motorsports, which builds so-called Hacker racing cars, is in the process of finding an organiser to host a Thai racing series featuring its cars that are hand-built at a small-scale factory in Bang Phlee, Samut Prakan.

http://www.ethailand...cing-69891.html

I have actually been to the place they make the Hacker car. The owner is a cool guy. Got his his card at home somewhere.

They look like really fun cars to play with.

I asked if a road legal version was possible. Nah :rolleyes:

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Budget racing?? At 900,000B without spares there is a ton of classes cheaper then that to compete in and this doesn't even have a committed series yet.

It has no classification it will stand unto it's own and without enough interest it is destined for the junk heap I'd have to see some real commitment to numbers before I'd invest in a possibly expensive museum piece.

BTW I've been to the factory too and met the guy in charge and he's quite a bit arrogant but I'm glad to see that he took my advice and put a real car engine in them so they'd be taken more seriously as he used to have a Hyabusa motorcycle engine in it and no one takes motorcycle engined cars seriously.. I've also seen their new chassis and engine a few months ago, weren't getting 300 hp out of it then but they were tuning it at the time so maybe now they are but it has few performance design issues..

The problem exists with this car too though that it has no homologation in any series or with any organizers it doesn't even have a body of note or recognition so an uncertain future especially since it's a turbo as most organizers shy away from them since it is too easy to cheat with them in what is supposed to be a one make series.

I like the quality of the machines though I wish them well but they also have to loosen up the arrogance and not expect people just to purchase a car to compete that has no classification or organizers lined up and they aren't willing to promote through professional participation such as factory support for example.

They expect you to lay out all the money to invest and take the gamble yet again no class to even run in yet so could go the way of the DoeDoe.

Radical provided some factory support for some drivers/programs and still do and that's what these guys need to grasp the concept of, they need to provide some give aways and support especially for the U.S. market..

Much bigger names then his such as Carrol Shelby have failed in that market with similar concept machines that had no classification to run...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Back home in Blighty I used to do some stock car racing. You simply bought an old car up to 2000cc put in a roll cage and a safety cage, kicked out the windows and welded up the doors. You were then ready to go. :D The track was easy to make on an old piece of land and was great fun. I would have thought the Thai's would have loved it. As an aside is the kart track still open and running ? I keep getting the urge to have a blast somewhere. ;)

The guy in charge arrogant when you met him i can't think why?

Because he's French?? :whistling: Other then that I can't imagine why either. No reason to be since neither the product nor the person has any REAL proven CV to justify the arrogance where as some others do....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Back home in Blighty I used to do some stock car racing. You simply bought an old car up to 2000cc put in a roll cage and a safety cage, kicked out the windows and welded up the doors. You were then ready to go. :D The track was easy to make on an old piece of land and was great fun. I would have thought the Thai's would have loved it. As an aside is the kart track still open and running ? I keep getting the urge to have a blast somewhere. ;)

Which kart track? There are several..

I've also seen their new chassis and engine a few months ago, weren't getting 300 hp out of it then but they were tuning it at the time so maybe now they are but it has few performance design issues..

They apparently have 2 different cars in planning, but the "Hacker" which is currently being promoted for a OMR type series now uses the Toyota 1NZ-FE 1.5L from the Soluna/VIOS/Yaris/Avanaza, so that means no more than 150HP no matter what you do to it, or bolt onto it - any more and the engine wouldn't last much more then 5 laps...

I know two people who've tried to turbocharge this engine, and no matter what you do to strengthen the bottom-end, as soon as you edge above the 6 psi mark (high 140's with everything else flowing right), the entire bottom-end simply collapses.

They should have opted for the Yamaha Toyota 2ZZ-GE 1.8L (180HP) or Honda F20C 2.0L (250HP) IMHO. At least then the racing would have been substantially faster than the regular Jazz and VIOS OMR's (which have similar costs), and would have some chance of attracting media coverage/sponsors.

Sory I am so used to ROO posting in the Samui forum I forgot to check. The one in Maenam KOh Samui ?

Because he's French?? :whistling: Other then that I can't imagine why either. No reason to be since neither the product nor the person has any REAL proven CV to justify the arrogance where as some others do....

Hi Warpspeed,

Thanks for giving us the lowdown on the operation.

But I do think arrogance is a negative trait whether someone is competent or not.

In the Army we were taught that when there are two people of differing ranks, the junior should never forget it and the senior should never mention it.

I don't consider you to be arrogant. I am proud of you and your accomplishments. You just tell it like it is. If I were you, I would just learn to let the insults roll of your back.

Of course, I'm looking for some racing too, put let's keep that on the other thread.

JK

I've also seen their new chassis and engine a few months ago, weren't getting 300 hp out of it then but they were tuning it at the time so maybe now they are but it has few performance design issues..

They apparently have 2 different cars in planning, but the "Hacker" which is currently being promoted for a OMR type series now uses the Toyota 1NZ-FE 1.5L from the Soluna/VIOS/Yaris/Avanaza, so that means no more than 150HP no matter what you do to it, or bolt onto it - any more and the engine wouldn't last much more then 5 laps...

I know two people who've tried to turbocharge this engine, and no matter what you do to strengthen the bottom-end, as soon as you edge above the 6 psi mark (high 140's with everything else flowing right), the entire bottom-end simply collapses.

They should have opted for the Yamaha Toyota 2ZZ-GE 1.8L (180HP) or Honda F20C 2.0L (250HP) IMHO. At least then the racing would have been substantially faster than the regular Jazz and VIOS OMR's (which have similar costs), and would have some chance of attracting media coverage/sponsors.

Did you read the article MRO? The second car (read not the Hacker) which I have already seen up close has a turbo charged Chevy engine in it that is offered in the Cobalt and that is the engine and car I was referring to.. The Toyota engine in the Hacker is more then enough HP for a car that light, it's almost scary HP......................... Almost...........

Hi Warpspeed,

Thanks for giving us the lowdown on the operation.

But I do think arrogance is a negative trait whether someone is competent or not.

In the Army we were taught that when there are two people of differing ranks, the junior should never forget it and the senior should never mention it.

I don't consider you to be arrogant. I am proud of you and your accomplishments. You just tell it like it is. If I were you, I would just learn to let the insults roll of your back.

Of course, I'm looking for some racing too, put let's keep that on the other thread.

JK

Well JK as someone who knows me personally I value your opinion more then any forum keyboard monkey and appreciate your frank and complimentary words. I agree with you that I don't appreciate it (arrogance) much either and I spoke in a generic context meaning that at least if someone is arrogant they should have at least the accomplishments to back it up.. Arrogance and self confidence (another thing often resented by those who lack it so lack understanding of it) are often confused and always misconstrued, I am straight forward and frank and that puts insecure people off who'd rather you dance around for the delicate sensitivities.. So the problem often encountered is other people being capable of distinguishing between the two and appreciating the more positive aspect of the 2 and not the negative, your input and distinguishing between them is very poignant..

Insult?? :huh: What insult?? I didn't take note of any, so it must have already rolled off my back :D ...... Anyway one would have to know me personally to be able to insult me with any merit...

The distinction between self-confidence and arrogance is a good one. Self-confidence is, of course, founded in preparation. Preparedness breeds self-confidence because then you have done the work that makes you familiar with your material and able to function confidently, competently, and without doubts or unreasonable worries.

At least in past threads, I've observed some enjoying using you as a whipping boy. If you haven't felt insulted, good for you. I need to grow a thicker skin myself, but I'm getting better!

The distinction between self-confidence and arrogance is a good one. Self-confidence is, of course, founded in preparation. Preparedness breeds self-confidence because then you have done the work that makes you familiar with your material and able to function confidently, competently, and without doubts or unreasonable worries.

At least in past threads, I've observed some enjoying using you as a whipping boy. If you haven't felt insulted, good for you. I need to grow a thicker skin myself, but I'm getting better!

Yes JK I appreciate the observation, poignant and considered post. On occasion there is no doubt I do feel more ganged up on then insulted, but it all stems from their insecurities not mine so I consider it in that vein.. Children have a way of behaving like that too....... And well.............Some never grow up, being a father too I try to understand :) most times :D ..

It's also the same people, there are quite a few more who are obviously more mature, educated and secure who are on the other side of the fence and have told me so, just not openly like you've done and those are the people that I respond to and consider when posting, but on occasion have to give some back to feed the others and keep them from starving :D ....

BTW good to see you posting a bit lately..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Sory I am so used to ROO posting in the Samui forum I forgot to check. The one in Maenam KOh Samui ?

Ok sorry, not familiar with Koh Samui so can't help...

Yes JK I appreciate the observation, poignant and considered post. On occasion there is no doubt I do feel more ganged up on then insulted, but it all stems from their insecurities not mine so I consider it in that vein.. Children have a way of behaving like that too....... And well.............Some never grow up, being a father too I try to understand :) most times :D ..

Right. A lot of negative emotions stem from insecurity. For example, the worst bullies behave that way because of insecurity too. There are parallels with other emotions, too. Anger, for example is derived from protection of pain. People don't get mad at things that are not important to them, so the more you treasure something, whether something you own, or a loved one, the more you are likely to react with anger if it is threatened.

BTW good to see you posting a bit lately..

Besides news, this is the only forum section that really interests me. I look at the topics when the weekly digest comes each week, but there aren't often threads that are interesting.