Canadian Christopher Paul Neil "Mr. Swirl" Get Reduced Jail Term In Bangkok

webfact

I have spent years working the streets and been in more than 30 countries around the world; yes this does takes places throughout the world, both the crime and the punishments. Having professional and first-hand experience in this crime I do feel I have a good understanding.

I have watched and listened to both the calls for strong punishments and the cries for rehabilitation. Though long prison sentences and harsh punishments such as branding and castration are not the most popular these days, I do believe a very long prison sentence does at the least remove the pedophile from the street therefore giving society protection. I also have no problem with the branding and or castration, but if he/she is "locked" away then at least I know they can not harm my children or yours.

Rehab DOES NOT work, it only works in a VERY small percent of cases, and then it is applied with other treatments or conditions. As for criminal rehabilitation the streets, prisons and all of society have very vivid example of its failure.

So my question is: is it better to be "harsh and cruel" in our punishments in these types of crimes or allow the same offenders to do their bidding at will? Who is more important: the offender or the child?

My answer is without a doubt or second thought: the children and any other would-be victim is the single most important.

If the "legal" system was consistent in passing its punishments, the question of it being harsh, cruel or in-humane would be a mute point.

Bottom line is the punishment should fit the crime.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reduced his sentance??? He should of got double figures in the first place!!!!

Lets hope he gets deported on release and that the Canadian authorities place him immediately on a sex offender register. Filthy Slag :realangry:

What makes me sad is that people like this guy are out there "playing" teacher. Our son is 12 and I can't even imagine what he's doing with a nine year old. And for god's sake: How many times? How many boys? I gotta puke....:jap:

5-6 years for a convicted farang pedophile...

20 years for the Thai wat undertaker involved in the aborted foetus discovery....

How exactly does the Thai justice system explain that one?

You know you should never ask that question! Too many variables come into play - did the judge have a good night before sentencing with the gik or was he hanging over after a party with Johnny Black? Differences never add up no matter which way you look at it and precedents are never quoted in Thai law on sentencing or by defence or prosecuting counsel that I have heard. Just depends on the judge and on the day and the weather and the fortune tellers on Vipavahdi Road. rolleyes.gif

Pedos do not usually get the same treatment inside here, as they would back home. Just as a "narc" here is pretty much forgiven after a few strong words. Probably cause in most cases here, the first to get nabbed always seem to top off the rest(just watch any news hour on Thai TV) and don't "stay stum" like the crims where I come from. The informants/narcs here get much the same time handed to them as they would have got for just pleading guilty - much like our system. To me, this Pedo has intentionally changed - if not ruined completely - the whole life and future of a child. Just what punishment is appropriate? At least the pain is over for a dead person. The child may and likely will suffer for the rest of their life! Yeah I have been told that not all kids are forced to it, but a kid can not know that a pervert is doing him/her such harm, even if it seems to be fun at the time. Twisted thoughts that any normal kid could never have imagined nor encountered in a regular childhood. That's my view anyway and I hope some of you will agree with it. As to this case.....I know it's no picnic inside here and another long stretch upon release in his own country? Still not sure that justice is served.

From what I have seen personally, I have to agree with you that there are too many variables that affect a decision. The only constant I have seen here if it can be called that, is the extreme disparity between intentionally murdering/killing somebody, which seems to amount to an actual time served (pretty much regardless of actual sentance) of 5 to 13 years at most on average, depending who you are and who you know, who you offed, amnesties etc. and the light sentance given to this pedo who a poster says will be 5 to 6 years.The other extreme is when a drug dealer/courier/possessor of more than a small amount (not advocating drugs, just stating facts) will serve a minimum of 25 years of the same life sentance handed down to the murderer, as amnesties don't normally apply except for very small cases, or if they do get applied generally, only a tiny % gets knocked off depending on time served at time of amnesty, also unlike the murderer/hired killer, no one will admit to knowing them, let alone back their early release. This same disparity applies in our own western courts too, I have never worked out to my satisfaction the "why of it", nor do I think I will ever understand it. Sure, many drugs do a lot of damage - some such as meth - can be permanent to the user if used long term and effect/cost to society is enormous. The user did do it to himself voluntarily though and it only cost society some money, unlike murder where a life is intentionally ripped away. Even those who overdose on drugs can not be said to be murdered by the dealer, as long as he gives what is asked for and not some poison. This applies even more to the bulk supplier, who is even less likely to cut his stuff, let alone poison it, as he would not be around long to make money let alone spend his profit. It would be nice if someone could explain all this to me, but I fear there is no rational explanation.

• Like 1

And what's the jail term for growing hemp? I think it's 5 years - for growing a highly useful plant which is legal in Canada, China, Australia and many other countries worldwide - and can't get you stoned, no matter how much you smoke.

So what you're trying to say: There shouldn't be jail for people who smoke pot, right?

Moreover people here ( Thais as foreigners ) should tell cops if there's a suspicious person doing weird things with kids.

But most people avoid to contact cops..too many problems, reports and and and....:jap:

His life is ruined. He is caught and serving time in the worst Thai prison. The reduction in sentence is of little consequence as several years in there will have done their worst. then he is deported and it starts all over again in Canada. He will be refused a passport and his life will rightly be restricted in all manner of ways.

And for those of you who want their pound of flesh, someone on your behalf will exact it.

This internet age will locate him and some vengeful retribution will follow.

I don't condone that but merely state it is a highly probable outcome of his finally being released into a community that will shunj and persecute him.

The guy is burned. Damaged goods and permanently 'branded'.

Happy now?

He will be black listed and deported when he has done his time. With big PERSONA NON GRATA in his passport.

What makes you so certain of that? Persona non grata status has to be signed off by the minister and he is far too busy to bother...

And what's the jail term for growing hemp? I think it's 5 years - for growing a highly useful plant which is legal in Canada, China, Australia and many other countries worldwide - and can't get you stoned, no matter how much you smoke.

So what you're trying to say: There shouldn't be jail for people who smoke pot, right?

Moreover people here ( Thais as foreigners ) should tell cops if there's a suspicious person doing weird things with kids.

But most people avoid to contact cops..too many problems, reports and and and....:jap:

Agree on all three counts

so basically if u plan on doing drugs in thailand u might as well rape, murder, pillage, etc whomever u choose because pumping some substances into your own body is considered a more serious crime then inflicting harm upon others? i thought people out here believed in karma, so how does this fit in?

the guy got caught raping a kid, can it get any worse?

Was that the guy who molested a 16 year-old maid?

Lets hope he gets deported on release and that the Canadian authorities place him immediately on a sex offender register. Filthy Slag :realangry:

I was looking at some websites regarding child sex offenders abroad...specifically Canada as I know one particular scumbag ex - school teacher which i am trying to track down. Canada has no statute of limitations on sex offenders....it can be 5 minutes ago or 50 years ago it doesnt matter. Once citizens are prosecuted in one country they are then prosecuted in Canada.

These predictable "hang 'em high" posts remind me of the 2-minute hate in the book "1984", or the stoning of the devil ceremony during the hajj in mecca.

Seems everyone who wants to let out a little steam and evidence what good-hearted people they are like to compete against each other to issue the strongest condemnation.

Yeah we should draw and quarter him, cut off his balls, burn him in hell, etc.... blah blah blah.

And YOU think what about such a low-life **** ??? ('burn him in hell, blah blah, blah'??) So what then, you wanna go meet him from prison when he's done and tell him 'I never hated ya, you can stay at my place till you get back on your feet, poor fella!'??? You think such 'leave him alone' thinking makes YOU a special human being, as opposed to those you're now knocking for wanting vermin exterminated? Get real, there's plenty of high-horse, low-horse crap on here (the reason I don't post that often!) but today it seems you're in the saddle giving it!!!! Personally I don't hate anyone or anything but I don't need to hate a rat or a cockroach to not want them in or near my house or family and to be thankful when they're appropriately squished into the dirt from which they came!!!!!!! (ps: I don't want every rat or cockroach dead either, just away from me and mine.. those 'people' like 'swirly' are, however, much much more a threat and certainly lower than rats and cockroaches, as he could have chosen to act differently. Fact.)

:wai:

Edited by spectrumisgreen
  • Like 1

Hormones are the key to a lot of psychological problems and ironically there are tons of tasty edible chemicals in meats and plastic that are messing a lot of people's hormones. Hence, lots of loons loose in the yard.

Think you are trying to make excuses for peoples actions...nobody is ever responsible for there own actions these days...its always somebody else/something else to blame...

Maybe you next suggestion is eating McDonalds or KFC turns you gay, because of the chemicals in the packaging...

I don't see why a pedophile ever gets out of prison, at all.

Because there are other ways of moderating their behaviour? And by your rationale, why keep them in prison wasting taxpayers money? Why not put him up against the wall and shoot him?

Should have made him wear a shirt while he was in Prison. Pedo + I'll screw your child.

50,000 THB, that is so so cheap, is a child's life worth that much.

Good idea.

And how about a t shirt that says "I'll screw your child as soon as they reach legal age" ??

5-6 years for a convicted farang pedophile...

20 years for the Thai wat undertaker involved in the aborted foetus discovery....

How exactly does the Thai justice system explain that one?

They don't

Thailand like most countries does not have a Justice system.

They have a legal system.

Legal and Justice quite often have nothing to do with each other.:(

Very true and applies in every country.

Don't forget this guy is wanted for the similar heinous crimes in Vietnam, and Canada wants him also. After his stretch in the Bangkok monkey house, he'll be moving on to other free accomodations....

This proves exactly what I am saying: Punishment is not enough. Simply making someone think long and hard about it. In his case, he may even enjoy the monkey house because of all the action he can get.

Have to admit, you are correct here. The problem is that these paedophile cases are really only comparatively recently becoming exposed.

Edited by oldsailor35

I don't see why a pedophile ever gets out of prison, at all.

Because there are other ways of moderating their behaviour? And by your rationale, why keep them in prison wasting taxpayers money? Why not put him up against the wall and shoot him?

Shoot him, Really! That is going too far. On proven guilty beyond all doubt, the convicted paedophile should not go to jail, but immediately castrated and extradited back to his own country where he will be placed on a sexual offenders list and never again allowed a passport again. After all some countries think nothing of executing drug offenders.

I have spent years working the streets and been in more than 30 countries around the world; yes this does takes places throughout the world, both the crime and the punishments. Having professional and first-hand experience in this crime I do feel I have a good understanding.

I have watched and listened to both the calls for strong punishments and the cries for rehabilitation. Though long prison sentences and harsh punishments such as branding and castration are not the most popular these days, I do believe a very long prison sentence does at the least remove the pedophile from the street therefore giving society protection. I also have no problem with the branding and or castration, but if he/she is "locked" away then at least I know they can not harm my children or yours.

Rehab DOES NOT work, it only works in a VERY small percent of cases, and then it is applied with other treatments or conditions. As for criminal rehabilitation the streets, prisons and all of society have very vivid example of its failure.

So my question is: is it better to be "harsh and cruel" in our punishments in these types of crimes or allow the same offenders to do their bidding at will? Who is more important: the offender or the child?

My answer is without a doubt or second thought: the children and any other would-be victim is the single most important.

If the "legal" system was consistent in passing its punishments, the question of it being harsh, cruel or in-humane would be a mute point.

Bottom line is the punishment should fit the crime.

The best post on here...well said Moose...as for the poster who declared no country in the world has a fair legal system..I can only add that in the unlikely event i was ever put before a judge to stand trial for a serious crime...Thailand would be well down the list of countries i would want to be tried in :whistling:

These predictable "hang 'em high" posts remind me of the 2-minute hate in the book "1984", or the stoning of the devil ceremony during the hajj in mecca.

Seems everyone who wants to let out a little steam and evidence what good-hearted people they are like to compete against each other to issue the strongest condemnation.

Yeah we should draw and quarter him, cut off his balls, burn him in hell, etc.... blah blah blah.

Let me guess.

You don't have children of your own and think a slap on the wrist is barbaric.

That attitude is exactly why the pendulum has now swung in the opposite direction to where it was 100 years ago, back then it was too black, now it is too white.

Ah, the usual knee-jerk response to a valid post and it's obvious you completely missed the point.

It's not that there is not disgust over the swlrl man's crime, it's the typical reaction by the arm-chair quarterbacks in between gulps of Chang to wash down the som tam.

This is one of the many reasons why the locals distrust Farangs.

Rubbish... So many Thai men are "into kids" of the 3 sexes, don't you know that? The commonality of pedophilia in SEA make you think they invented it!

:blink:

A lot of Farangs keep lecturing the locals on sexual morality. Such hypocrisy when, at the same time, a considerable number of their fellow beings have a perverted predilection for minors. It is unsurprising why kids in the western world are so wary of male adults and are scared to venture out on their own, be it during the day or at night. This sick action carried out by these people has been well-documented in the western media. There is even a show called "To Catch a Predator":

It is an American TV show that exposes grown men who prey on children.

Rubbish... So many Thai men are "into kids" of the 3 sexes, don't you know that? The commonality of pedophilia in SEA make you think they invented it!

:blink:

Here is the proper video from "To catch a predator":

I heard that the show is very popular as it helps to reveal how sick and sexually perverted a lot of men in that part of the world are.

Oh come off it!

Look i no way support what that person did and wish him the best of bad luck.

But you you really need to look at the locals before condemning us lot of farangs, Just for example, catch a bus to Saraburi. Get out of the bus and walk around with your eyes open. This is all on display with the knowledge of the local authorities.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">.

he looks scarey a young jack nickolson from the shinning even horrible man

And look what he can do with his face, must be eating a Fisherman Friend.

What happens to him when he has finished his stint inside.

Deported, on a register, passport revoked?

//edit/really bad typo

From what I gleened from previous media reports, he was "unswirled" in Canada, or the US. One of the countries will wait for his return, and prosecute him again on home turf. There is a legal agreement between US and Thailand, I can only hope likewise with the other countries, that the laws of the state one comes from is honored by Thai law. Example being, if a man from Minnesota where one is an adult at 16, has sex with a girl 16-18, its legal in Thailand, but a man from California where adult age is 18, has sex with a 16 or 17 yr. old, he is charged with having sex with a minor. In this guys case, it was with a boy, and Canada or US will nail him regardless of the time he does in the Bangkok Hilton.

I was molested when I was 11. I remember thinking at the time "What a curious thing to do with that part of my body that I used to pee with". And then I forgot all about it. Now, after reading all you guys' comments about how my life should have been ruined by the event, I'm beginning to feel that I've been cheated. What should I do? Go see a shrink? Keep reading until I feel that I was harmed in some way? Hold you guys responsible for ruining my life? Or what?

At least during his tenure at Bang Kwang he may get his deserved treatment and cop it sweet .

Viloated a mere kid, a nine year old boy,what was he thinking?

Scum of the earth.

What he was thinking is that; he'll get five years and six months maximum and have to pay a paltry 50,000BT. It's not that complicated as to why farangs think Thailand is the land of sex tourism now is it?

It's really quite disgusting and all of Thailand should be ashamed of themselves for condoning it; native and farang alike.

Hormones are the key to a lot of psychological problems and ironically there are tons of tasty edible chemicals in meats and plastic that are messing a lot of people's hormones. Hence, lots of loons loose in the yard.

Think you are trying to make excuses for peoples actions...nobody is ever responsible for there own actions these days...its always somebody else/something else to blame...

Maybe you next suggestion is eating McDonalds or KFC turns you gay, because of the chemicals in the packaging...

Well that last one IS true ;)

Oh come off it!

Look i no way support what that person did and wish him the best of bad luck.

But you you really need to look at the locals before condemning us lot of farangs, Just for example, catch a bus to Saraburi. Get out of the bus and walk around with your eyes open. This is all on display with the knowledge of the local authorities.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">.

I am not condemning anybody. I am simply stating the facts based on what I know. Neither do I deny that there are a number of local men who prey on minors. My complaint is that the government of you people should at least do something about these people, instead of letting these sick-minded perverts travel all over the world to carry out such hideous acts. Please don't export them to other countries.

I was looking at some websites regarding child sex offenders abroad...specifically Canada as I know one particular scumbag ex - school teacher which i am trying to track down. Canada has no statute of limitations on sex offenders....it can be 5 minutes ago or 50 years ago it doesnt matter. Once citizens are prosecuted in one country they are then prosecuted in Canada.

One teacher from Canada who worked at a Well known International school in OnNut area, got caught screwing young high schools students, from whom he used a popular gay internet chat, escort, hook up service. The father of the youth found out and basically informed the person, to get out of Thailand fast and don't ever come back. The parent posted nude pics of the teacher he sent to his son for a hook up and then to this school director, Bangkok Post's education dept. and Thai police. Reported, he got out of Thailand like a bat out of hell.