Haucking Thais

gravion

man everytime u hear some neighbour or someone or the street in public haucking and spitting really boils me to the edges...

can i just use those stem cutters for plants and chop their fingers off...? nah im joking

im sure if ur livin in thailand some of u prolly have xperienced this misbehaviour.

what do u think? do u just let it go, or reckon this offended should be punished?

We have an alcoholic next door neighbor here. I mention alcoholic because it seems that the hocking lugie thing is associated with excassive drinking. Perhaps it creates excess mucous to accumulate overnight or something but every morning starting at maybe 5:30 or 6, (can tell without looking at a clock if it is 6 due to the monk's prayer gonging promptly at 6 every morning and night), he starts in with the most aweful wretching you can imagine, lasting a few minutes to sometimes a half hour. I also hear others in the neighborhood periodically also but this guy is the worst. Those down the street I ignore but the guy right below our bedroom window is definitely not an easy sound to put out of your thoughts. I don't ever make anything of it, altough I have been tempted to mock-wretch back at him from time to time. Aawwwwwwwwcccckkkkkkkkkkkk spitoooooy!!!!!!!!!! :bah:

Let's move this over to the Farang Pub.

P.S. If you have only ever noticed this in Thailand, you have not traveled around Asia much. Especially China!

Agree 100%!! Walking around in China it always reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the "JFK loogie".

With the amount of TB in Asia, it should be a criminal offense - of course, it would just end up another 200 baht BiB cash cow.

I knoiw a Thai guy who works at a local restaurant. He went down with TB about 2 weeks ago. He was in hospital for about a week then was released with perscriptions and a face mask and orders to stay at home. So, of course he went to work the next day - for 2 days he wors the mask, but customers left the restaurant in fear. So, now he is working in the restaurant with no face mask with TB - nice. Before he went in, he was always hawking up! In the west he would be sent to a TB clinic until he was no longer infectious, not here.

• 2 weeks later...