Quick Visa Question

I have a retirement visa that expires on the 21st March and will be re newing it.

Will be leaving Thailand for a week and will return on the 20th February.

Do I need to do the re entry visa thing at immigration befor I go or can I re apply with the visa on arrival I get at the airport.

As I understand it I can apply for the next 12 months up to 1 month prior to the expiry date of my current retirement visa.

My Australian wife has the same visa but she is staying here she is under 50 so gets it by default.

Thanks in anticipation.

With ticket out they likely will allow early extension. For travel you need re-entry permit. Visa exempt does not allow new extension of stay without another step. Your wife would also lose her status if you do. Your wife does not have retirement extension but dependent for your extended stay here.

With ticket out they likely will allow early extension. For travel you need re-entry permit. Visa exempt does not allow new extension of stay without another step. Your wife would also lose her status if you do. Your wife does not have retirement extension but dependent for your extended stay here.

Thanks lopburi3.....don't want any hassles so will go to immigration and get re entry permit.