Uk Passport Question

Can I get a passport renewal by sending the application to London and posted back to me here in Thailand. My passport was issued by the FCO when I renewed it the last time after submitting the passport to Bangkok British Embassy. I know I can send it to Hong Kong but I want to pay for the passport with a cheque from my UK account . I dont have any credit cards here and getting a bankers draft from a Thai bank , payable in Hong Kong Dollars is a nightmare. It would be easier for me to pay with the UK cheque in the UK if I can send it there , any help would be great . Thanks

The Identity and Passport Service in the UK will not renew a passport for somebody who lives overseas, they used to cite security reasons but they seemed to have dropped this excuse since you now have to send your application to Hong Kong, or other regional processing centre.

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that it's far more expensive to renew a passport overseas.

I did hear a rumour that there moves afoot to do away with the regional processing centers at some time, but I don't know if that's fact or fiction.