Retirement Visa

I've searched without success, having been on Non Imm Type O annual extensions (married to a Thai national) for a considerable time I'm now considering changing to a Retirement visa. My income is more than sufficient for my present visa but would be insufficient for Retirement visa.

I understand that I can use a combination of income and a "lump sum" in the bank to bring me up to the requisite 800K, my question is when using this method does the "lump sum" part, have to be in the bank for a set period of time prior to application or is just showing a bank letter confirming the amount (unseasoned) at the time of application sufficient?

Nibor.

There is no requirement for the money to be seasoned in the bank.

The rule says.

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Excellent! Many thanks Lite Beer, appreciated.

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date; or

(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date.

If anybody read this who have no annual earning...

What is your question? Hundreds of those on retirement extensions of stay use only bank deposit method.

If you are asking about Must have an annual earning section that applies to those using both income and bank deposit and point out the total must meet 800k. So there are three ways to qualify - bank deposit - income - combined income/bank deposit.

There is no requirement for the money to be seasoned in the bank.

The rule says.

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Excellent! Many thanks Lite Beer, appreciated.

Lite Beer is correct,

a total of 800,000 on the combination method.....BUT BE ADVISED...... they don`t allways accept this on the date of application..........i was only given a non `O 3 month extension last year until i could show my money part was in my thai bank account untouched for that time of 3 months seasoning........BE ADVISED.... that quoting thai visa members and showing them in black and white on their forms of the rules serves you no purpose, good luck my friend........AND I HOPE you`re not using Korat Immigration for your extension...

I have used the combination method for the last 4 extensions as my UK pension never meets the 800k requirement.

I just top it up with what ever amount is in my Bangkok Bank savings deposit account.

As long as you have your up to date bank letter, it has never been questioned.

This at Suan Plu , Nan and now Phitsanulok.

The costs of the Brit Embassy annual proof of income letter still grates but that's another topic!.