New English Newspaper

HDRIDER

I really look forward to get another hard copy English newspaper in Phuket, maybe the new one will print some of the “bad” news the other one won’t touch. I think the one we have now have gone downhill with news, or sometimes 2-3 days behind, have a look today at both online news papers, nothing in PG about any news.

PG is slow to update on news yes!

Last time about 2 weeks ago when a thread was complaining about the speed that PG updated it was taken off TV and no explanation given. This will more than likely happen again.

Yeah, i made that thread but i think we can't speak ill of our forum sponsorrolleyes.gif

Newspapers in Thailand have to be owned by Thais, so we all know that there is not going to be unbiased reporting on certain subjects, and on other subjects there will be a lot of heads in the sand

So Thais are dum and foreigners are smart?

Newspapers in Thailand have to be owned by Thais, so we all know that there is not going to be unbiased reporting on certain subjects, and on other subjects there will be a lot of heads in the sand

read the post again, and dont jump to conclusions..... we all know that people in this country aren't allowed to report on certain subjects, and the whole loss of face thing doesn't make for accurate reporting.

we all know that people in this country aren't allowed to report on certain subjects

So that is the same for everybody reporting, Thai national or not. Unless you want to publish a newspaper (printed as indicated by the OP) here without living here?

the whole loss of face thing doesn't make for accurate reporting.

People write loads of <deleted> here on TV, this should be on the top row of that.

NO.. its like rule of LAW.....NO...Same as.. freedom of SPEACH...THEY only exist in name only...this is LOS..

we all know that people in this country aren't allowed to report on certain subjects

So that is the same for everybody reporting, Thai national or not. Unless you want to publish a newspaper (printed as indicated by the OP) here without living here?

the whole loss of face thing doesn't make for accurate reporting.

People write loads of <deleted> here on TV, this should be on the top row of that.

ok i take it all back....the media here is awesome!

Surprised that they are going from web to hard-copy.

The world-wide trend is the other way around.

Its a brand new English news paper, it will be out in March

As the web news service we are not allowed to mention has been promoting it, it's reasonable to presume they are related.