Novoice Help Wanted

Help needed.

I am a UK Citizen, residing in Hong Kong.

My wife is thai, with dependant residence visa for HK

We married under Hong Kong marriage certificate but are not registered with her amphur.

She is pregnant so we want to live in Thailnd, at least for the birth and a year later.

I work freelance for UK manufacturing companies, travelling throughout asia visiting potential customer for the UK manufacturers. I get paid commission from the UK. I work at home, and would wish to do so in Thailand

Can I apply for a working visa in Thailand?

Should I set up a company in Thailand?

I want to do it as cheaply as possible, but I want to be legal

Anyone out there who can help?

Help needed.

My wife is thai, with dependant  residence visa for HK

We married under Hong Kong marriage certificate but are not registered with her amphur.

She is pregnant so we want to live in Thailnd, at least for the birth and a year later.

I work freelance for UK manufacturing companies, travelling throughout asia visiting potential customer for the UK manufacturers. I get paid commission from the UK. I work at home, and would wish to do so in Thailand

Anyone out there who can help?

Firstly, I don't think you can apply for a working visa if you are paid by a UK company .... setting up a company in Thailand is an option however I think it must be owned by a Thai (Thais) by 51%.

You can legally stay in Thailand with multiple entry non immigrant visa and I recommend the Thai consulate in Hull to apply for one. They seem to be very accomodating there and seem to require much less in the way of paperwork that the main Embassy in Kensington.

There are probably a lot of people on this forum that can give you sound advice re the visa situation.

Best of luck though.

My wife is thai, with dependant  residence visa for HK

Firstly, I don't think you can apply for a working visa if you are paid by a UK company .... setting up a company in Thailand is an option however I think it must be owned by a Thai (Thais) by 51%.

You can legally stay in Thailand with multiple entry non immigrant visa and I recommend the Thai consulate in Hull to apply for one. They seem to be very accomodating there and seem to require much less in the way of paperwork that the main Embassy in Kensington.

There are probably a lot of people on this forum that can give you sound advice re the visa situation.

That multiple-entry non-immigrant visa type O – in this forum usually abbreviated as non-O – mentioned by Geronimo would allow you to enter Thailand an unlimited number of times within one year, and on each entry you would be granted permission to stay for a maximum of 90 days. If your frequent travel in the region means that you will never stay longer than 90 days in Thailand at a time, this would be the ideal visa for you. If at the end you decide to extend your stay beyond one year, apply at the Immigration Bureau for a one-year extension for the purpose “support Thai wife”.

That does not solve your problem of the work permit to make your activity perfectly legal and above board in every respect. Lopburi or somebody will answer you on that, as this subject matter is beyond my ken.

Incidentally, Geronimo appears to have overlooked the fact that you live in Hong Kong. Of course, you can apply for your multiple-entry non-O at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong.

Go to Fairmont House in Admiralty, the Thai Consulate there will give you a 3 months non-immigrant O visa. It'll just be single entry (not multiple, they don't like giving them in Hong Kong),

Then after three months, you're already in Thailand by then and can get your 1 year clearance to stay.

Go to Fairmont House in Admiralty, the Thai Consulate there will give you a 3 months non-immigrant O visa. It'll just be single entry (not multiple, they don't like giving them in Hong Kong),

Then after three months, you're already in Thailand by then and can get your 1 year clearance to stay.

Above is what i/d do in your circumstances.

Apply for the single non-imm O based upon having a thai wife..........come here and apply for a year extension of stay for supporting your wife (there are requirements to meet)........you/ll get an intial stay of 90 days apply for extension within the last 30 days of this stay.

When you apply for the extension also apply for a multiple re-entry permit this will allow you to exit and re-enter Thailand during the year without it affecting your years stay stamp.

Youve got no problem working (provide your allowed to of course) elsewhere in the Asean region however you wont be able to work in Thailand........dont know if this would present a major problem or not.

As thaiflyer1 says the cheapest would be to vacation here and work elsewhere. You can do that with either a multi entry O or an extension of stay/re entry permit. I would think the multi O would be better for your situation as this is what those that normally work outside Thailand would be using and requires less paperwork.

Youve  got  no  problem  working  (provide  your  allowed  to  of  course) elsewhere  in  the  Asean  region  however  you  wont  be  able  to  work  in  Thailand........dont know  if  this  would  present  a  major  problem  or  not.

Since you work is done from home, or when travelling outside Thailand,

I do not believe you will have any problem.

Just make sure your work at home is low profile.

Once your child is born this will further enhance your right to live in Thailand,

as the father of a Thai citizen.