6 Months Wait.

My girlfriend has just returned to Thailand with our son after spending the christmas with me.

Our plan was to wait until march and apply for another visitors visa.

I have just noticed in someone elses question that he has mentioned a 6 month wait before being allowed to re-apply.

Is this correct?

G.

If you are referring to the UK then I think you will find the rule to be time spent in the UK not to exceed 183 days in any 365 day period, so if she stayed only a few weeks and this did not exceed the requested duration of her last application she should have no problem in applying again as long as the requested number of weeks plus the duration of the last visit will not exceed 26 weeks.

It would help if you said which country you are asking about.

If the UK, then there is no minimum time between visits, but as Basil says above, the convention is that usually a visitor should not spend more than 6 months out of 12 in the UK.

VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits, The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient grounds for refusal.It is reasonable, however, for the ECO to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more that 6 out of any 12 months in the UK..........

It would help if you said which country you are asking about.

If the UK, then there is no minimum time between visits, but as Basil says above, the convention is that usually a visitor should not spend more than 6 months out of 12 in the UK.

VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits, The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient grounds for refusal.It is reasonable, however, for the ECO to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more that 6 out of any 12 months in the UK..........

Apologies,

Yes the UK . And thank you both very much for your help with this.

G.