Bent My Baby On Saturday Morning :(

saorsa

Went to see bike and looks like frame is bent just below headstock. :(

Bummer, but sounds like you've got decent insurance. Will they repair or replace?

I want it replaced if it's bent...wouldnt trust it to be fixed properly here. Got to wait for full estimate and then speak to insurance guys and see what is what.

You do know that Harley Davidson will replace a complete frame (and stamp the old VIN on the new frame), right? You have to send them the front section, but they will send a brand new frame.

That's interesting to know. I wonder if you approached the other big four (Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki & Yamaha) for a replacement frame, if they would do the same?

Edited by Garry

Bummer, but sounds like you've got decent insurance. Will they repair or replace?

I want it replaced if it's bent...wouldnt trust it to be fixed properly here. Got to wait for full estimate and then speak to insurance guys and see what is what.

You do know that Harley Davidson will replace a complete frame (and stamp the old VIN on the new frame), right? You have to send them the front section, but they will send a brand new frame.

That's interesting to know. I wonder if you approachwed the other big four (Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki & Yamaha) for a replacement frame, if they would do the same?

I know you can order new frames from Kawasaki for the models that they sell here in Thailand. As far as updating the green book with a new frame number, isn't that just a matter of bike and book to the DMV for an inspection and having the Green Book updated?

Sorry for your luck. Glad that you are OK. You are also luck that no one else ran over you while lying in the road. I am still recovering from my crash 2 months ago. Got clipped by a passing taxi on Petchburi Road and got sucked into the guard rail. Broke my foot in 4 places, and did some minor damage to the bike. Bent the gear shifter and foot peg and cracked my cowl. Bike is good as new, and my foot is only really stiff in the morning.

Count your blessings, perform tam boon, whatever you have to do to count yourself lucky. But don't be afraid to keep riding. I picked my bike up from the repair shop the day after my cast was removed from my foot and rode it home.

Don't worry, not going to stop riding just because of a wee crash. As soon as my wrist is working enough and I have wheels on the road, I will be back on two wheels again. Looks like the Harley will take a lot longer than me to heal, so might have to look around for something else to ride in the meantime.

A Harley ..... now that is a tragedy. I only had a quick look at the photo and thought it was a Phantom. Sod your wrist ... take more care of that bike in future!

Went to see bike and looks like frame is bent just below headstock. :(

All up to the ins co now really. Got to see what they say when we get the full quote from the dealer.