Importing M/bike Parts

I have just ordered a heap of custom motorcycle parts from a US company call Cruiser customizing They tell me the parts will take 2 to 6 weeks to get to me in Isaan depending on how quick they move through Thailand customs

Anyone have any idea of how long it will take once in thailand

Anyone have any trouble bring in parts. Its a bit over $2000 worth of gear so I hope it gets treated OK

Thanks

Edited by Rigger

I have just ordered a heap of custom motorcycle parts from a US company call Cruiser customizing They tell me the parts will take 2 to 6 weeks to get to me in Isaan depending on how quick they move through Thailand customs

Anyone have any trouble bring in parts. Its a bit over $2000 worth of gear so I hope it gets treated OK

Thanks

Be prepared for abour 40% taxes.

Get a friend to bring in your parts for you. I've been very lucky to have a couple of guys from here to help me bring in parts for my 900 Eli and that saved me a bundle. The Thai customs boys will put the value on whatever parts you have shipped in, no matter what receipt you may have or value posted on the packages. From what I've seen here on TV, they will even ask for "tea money" on top of this amount. It can be crazy trying to get stuff into Thailand.

Thanks

What sort of custom parts are they, if you have a photo of the parts there is a guy in Korat that makes all sorts of custom parts for Harleys and any sort of bike, he also makes custom bikes for shows, it would be a lot cheaper using him than importing them into Thailand, my custom bike is going there next month for some rear rests, same as harley and a few other things, he also makes bars for harleys which he ships to the states, with all the cables out of the way inside the bars, top man, i will bring your parts kringle when i get them.

Also my mate and i are going to start a bike club up in Buriram if you are interested, as i have a custom Dragstar, in a thai magazine next month.

This is not the right way to do import. The US company don't know anything about Thai customs, don't ask them about it. As for the import tax, you might be eaten alive.

- Do not import anything until you had the import tax properly checked in advance. Best if you can actually show the custom officials real samples and get it classified before importing the larger amount.

- Use a good local custom agent. Their fees are not high and they can save you a lot of money. From your post it seems like you had the US company take care of the whole shipment. Why should they care how much tax you pay?

When the Thai customs are involved, sitting and hoping that everything will go well, instead of taking all steps to minimize problems, is a recipe for disaster.

I am not to concerned about the tax even if it is 40% it will be worth it as I have done my head in trying to get the bits I needed for a while and it just not worth the head ache.

At least now I get every thing I wanted in one hit

They tell me it will be deleived to my front door so I dont think I will have to grease anyones palms

Rigger: in your own interest, contact a shipping company. It is generally possible to clarify the customs tarrif beforehand to avoid surprises. It is also possible to import without donations to the customs widows and orphans funds. It is also possible to clear the customs within a day ot two.

We offer such service, feel free to pm me for more info.

Edited by raro

I am not to concerned about the tax even if it is 40% it will be worth it as I have done my head in trying to get the bits I needed for a while and it just not worth the head ache.

At least now I get every thing I wanted in one hit

They tell me it will be deleived to my front door so I dont think I will have to grease anyones palms

If you have extra cash you wish to donate to the good people in the customs, you're welcome.

If you don't mind sitting and waiting (2 to 6 weeks !!??) for something to happen, you're welcome as well.

However, if you prefer to stay on top of when you get it and how much it will cost you, it will take the effort of a phone call to any custom agent.