Apartment Hunting- Advice In Selected Areas?

Hi,

I may start working soon at Thammasat University and need help finding housing close to the BTS line to Mo Chit.Can anyone let me know if they know of economically priced apartments close to Mo Chit BTS. I just want to have access to the BTS line... so areas like Ari, Phayathai etc are all good.

Some of you maybe living in the area and can recommend places? Budget is around THB 8000 to 12000 per month

thank you!

Alot of new condos around Sapan Kwai now; also down Pradipat and Suttisan Roads. This is a bit further out and you will find prices cheaper than Ari/Payathai/etc which are very central. I rented a studio here for 7k.

Isn't Thammasat on the river? Thus you could use the river boat service, so anywhere along the river near a river boat pier? Again cheaper and maybe more interesting being by the river rather than a polluted main road like Pahonyothin? There is also a bus that runs along Pradipat that goes near the river; i think its the 177. Check out bus routes if you will be communting by public transport.

I have worked all over the world, and my best tip is to try and live near work. The closer the better. This is particularly true for Bangkok.

Edited by MaiChai

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions...

The River may sound interesting but I wanted to keep access to the city fairly close... Being stuck out in Rangsit may not be the best till later in the year.

Alot of new condos around Sapan Kwai now; also down Pradipat and Suttisan Roads. This is a bit further out and you will find prices cheaper than Ari/Payathai/etc which are very central. I rented a studio here for 7k.

Isn't Thammasat on the river? Thus you could use the river boat service, so anywhere along the river near a river boat pier? Again cheaper and maybe more interesting being by the river rather than a polluted main road like Pahonyothin? There is also a bus that runs along Pradipat that goes near the river; i think its the 177. Check out bus routes if you will be communting by public transport.

I have worked all over the world, and my best tip is to try and live near work. The closer the better. This is particularly true for Bangkok.