Fitness Centre North Cmai?

jayinoz

I know most of the fitness centres in city centre, yet getting sick of travelling into town x4 pw. Any half decent Fitness Centres around San Sai noi near Rimping?Seen a couple of signs around, yet to check any out.What is the cost pa?Cheers Jay

There's a place at the back of Carrefour called home fitness. Not a huge amount of free weights but plenty of treadmills bikes cross trainers etc and lots of multigym typ of weight machines.

About B7000 for the 12 month membership.

Does get busy at times but not too busy, very quiet in the daytime.

There's a place at the back of Carrefour called home fitness. Not a huge amount of free weights but plenty of treadmills bikes cross trainers etc and lots of multigym typ of weight machines.

Any idea if they accept monthly memberships? Price?

It was 50 baht a session about a year ago. Don't know about monthly. They did seem to have all sorts of dumbells and barbells when I went, and everythings seems good quality. Would agree, very quiet daytime, but they seemed to leave it late to turn on the aircon on hot mornings - perhaps because of the quietness.

Edited by brobro2424

It was 50 baht a session about a year ago. Don't know about monthly. They did seem to have all sorts of dumbells and barbells when I went, and everythings seems good quality. Would agree, very quiet daytime, but they seemed to leave it late to turn on the aircon on hot mornings - perhaps because of the quietness.

Any more detailed info regarding the location? There is a lot of streets and store locations behind Carrefour

Any more detailed info regarding the location? There is a lot of streets and store locations behind Carrefour

Its the main road behind Carrefour that runs parellel to the Superhighway. There's a small complex just before the back entrance to Carrefour where there's Wawee Coffee outlet. The fitness center is in the same complex on the 2nd level.

70 Baht per session now. They also have monthly options, quarterly & six month options as well as annual.

Directions have already been posted earlier, If your outside wawee coffee, look up to your right and you'll see the place.

Its the main road behind Carrefour that runs parellel to the Superhighway. There's a small complex just before the back entrance to Carrefour where there's Wawee Coffee outlet. The fitness center is in the same complex on the 2nd level.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

In town the most affordable I had found was at the Sports Complex just off Chang Puak. 20bt per time. Or if you pay 100bt membership pa then 10bt per time- Bargain. No Air Con or nothing.... so in hot season you die in the heat- lol. It is full on hardcore with only body builders mostly. Cannot beat 10bt, yet go in cooler times- early morning or late evening i would suggest.

The one near Carrefour is worth checking out for 70bt per time or a good monthly fee. 7k bt pa seems a bit high. Yet fairly standard until you really start to negoitate with the Manager. Often will not negoitate on monthly or quarterly, yet 6 monthly and PA + they will... Especially if going in with a story about Farang XYZ joined last year for 5000bt. Then they will.

It is quite common for the Gym Managers to accept half price if you offer to pay on the day... I gather they feel better accepting 4-5000bt as opposed to nothing. Barter for half unless you all cashed UP and do not care, is what I would recommend.

California WOW offerred 12K bt for Lifetime (Their supposed life time is actually only 3 years) and you must pay renewal 100bt on time or lapses- they know most will forget and let it lapse. Then they offer to join you up again for another 8k bt for the year. Anyway they were prepared to accept 8000bt for Lifetime- being 3 years- lol. Still good value- yet too pansie boy for me. OK if you just only going into the gym to pick up young girls- or men or whatever you into- lol.

Cheers jay

In town the most affordable I had found was at the Sports Complex just off Chang Puak. 20bt per time. Or if you pay 100bt membership pa then 10bt per time- Bargain. No Air Con or nothing.... so in hot season you die in the heat- lol. It is full on hardcore with only body builders mostly. Cannot beat 10bt, yet go in cooler times- early morning or late evening i would suggest.

The one near Carrefour is worth checking out for 70bt per time or a good monthly fee. 7k bt pa seems a bit high. Yet fairly standard until you really start to negoitate with the Manager. Often will not negoitate on monthly or quarterly, yet 6 monthly and PA + they will... Especially if going in with a story about Farang XYZ joined last year for 5000bt. Then they will.

It is quite common for the Gym Managers to accept half price if you offer to pay on the day... I gather they feel better accepting 4-5000bt as opposed to nothing. Barter for half unless you all cashed UP and do not care, is what I would recommend.

California WOW offerred 12K bt for Lifetime (Their supposed life time is actually only 3 years) and you must pay renewal 100bt on time or lapses- they know most will forget and let it lapse. Then they offer to join you up again for another 8k bt for the year. Anyway they were prepared to accept 8000bt for Lifetime- being 3 years- lol. Still good value- yet too pansie boy for me. OK if you just only going into the gym to pick up young girls- or men or whatever you into- lol.

Cheers jay

I checked out Home Fitness (behind Carrefour). As you said - 70 baht per day, or 1,000 baht per month. Also one can pay in advance for a card - 450 baht for 10 days - but it must be used within 20 days. I ran into a problem though. I use to lift free weights, I'm 6'2" and weigh approximately 250 LBS. When I came through the door, the young kid said that I was too big for their equipment. Never heard that one before. So, any of you out there that are large, better look for another venue.