My Visa Will Expire When Abroad - What To Do?

I am planning to be in the US and Canada from Feb 15 to March 15. But the stamp on my ED visa is good til Feb 25, which is right in the middle of my trip.

I seem to remember that you can renew your visa no more than 1 week before it expires. So if that's true, I cannot make this trip, because the soonest I could renew the visa would be Feb 18.

Is it possible to get the re-entry permit and renew my ED visa 14 days before the visa expires, on Feb 11?

Thanks in advance ;)

Thanks for your reply.

Doing the second thing you said would mean getting a new ED visa, instead of just getting 3 month extension stamp, right?

About showing them the ticket... I'm worried I might get denied or run into some problems and lose the $2000 flights. Maybe I'll just move the trip up a few weeks.

Yes it would be to obtain a new visa for entry when you return. Not really hard to do at most Consulates with school paperwork.

If they will not extend early they are not going to take your tickets - you just don't pay for a re-entry permit and leave but obtain the para one visa before you return. Then 90 days later do the extension of stay process again.

Yes it would be to obtain a new visa for entry when you return. Not really hard to do at most Consulates with school paperwork.

If they will not extend early they are not going to take your tickets - you just don't pay for a re-entry permit and leave but obtain the para one visa before you return. Then 90 days later do the extension of stay process again.

When I say lose the tickets, i just mean that i couldn't use them because i would have to be in bkk to renew the visa. But yeah, now I see how I could get a new ED Visa. I think that means I need to get my school involved, and they would charge me more, etc etc. Probably easier than I imagine, but I can just fly out at a different date instead.

Thanks for your help!!!