"Global Advertising"

The gf found this on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=181391511881620&set=t.1049760233

then followed the link which is provided below. I told her it was probably some multi-level marketing scam. Any one familiar with it?

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?hl=th&formkey=dG1DdmJreDZvWGo2VFhZME1maWZ3RlE6MQ#gid=0

yo dude,

It is an affiliate program of some type whereas your gf basically tags everyone in a picture and they get an email saying you've been tagged when in fact its just some picture of a cute thai lady or a cat or a pile of money or something. I do not know if its a scam, but I do have a thai facebook account I use for marketing which has thousands of friends so I get tons of these "you've been tagged messages" Id have her look into the commission she could earn. Its either data mining or there is something to buy in the end and she is paid for one or the other. She won't necessarily have to buy anything, but refer people to do so.

Probably a complete waste of time but if shes on the computer a lot and has no job it might be worth a try.

She called and spoke to a woman who wants 350B to send her a CD explaining how to do it. I told her that you don't normally pay an employer to train you, and that likely the only person making money on this is her.

...if shes on the computer a lot and has no job it might be worth a try.

In that case I would say she is over qualified. :)

Thanks.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

ahh, Global Advertising.

If I'm thinking of the same one, they used to have their HQ in All Seasons Place on Wireless Rd.

Run essentially by a couple of farang guys (one who spoke incredibly good Thai - and this is from other Thai's who have heard him speak) they somehow managed to get to the top of the pyramid for scamming, sorry, selling Herbalife products.

It was (and probably still is) a sight to behold. Every afternoon around 5pm, literally hundreds of young people in their early 20's (plus the occasional office worker looking to earn something on the side) would pile into the lifts at All Seasons to go up and place orders for Herbalife products, which presumably, would be sold on to their customers out in suburban BKK.

I hate pyramid marketing, actually despise it, but you have to give credit to these guys. For a 200 baht fee (or something like that) you could be one of their distributors. And boy did they have many, many, many, young and gullible juniors who would line up and go forth and sell (obviously buying the product from these guys before they even had moved one baht themselves).

In one scene that I recall resembled a scene from the the movie 'Boiler Room', these two blokes were you the front of All Seasons in their flash cars with a throng of what I assumed to be their 'guys'. Off to a party somewhere no doubt to celebrate their successes and their specialness.

Anyway, if it is the one in the same Global Advertising firm, then you know who the guys are at the top.

...nb. As a footnote, the other tenants of Capital Tower at All Seasons ganged up Global Advertising to have them booted out of the building due to the mess that a couple of hundred sweaty and noisy teens would leave behind each night, and rightfully so. No one else could use the lifts in a 24 story tower when they opened their doors!

I've written for a lot of websites and written numerous articles on online marketing and making money online etc etc. If you are expected to pay anything up front when it comes to working then it is generally either MLM or a scam. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I have yet to find one.

MLM in itself is not necessarily a scam as such but the promoters tend to massively over exaggerate the ease at which profits that can be made. They make it sound easy as though anybody who joins will be picking up their new porsche within a month for just a few hours easy work each week. The reality of course is somewhat different.

Success takes not only a lot of hard work, but also marketing an entrepreneurial skills. A lot of contacts and money to support them is also a huge help.

The vast majority fail miserably having actually lost money as well as time. Those people who are holding these meetings and no doubt giving these fantastic motivational type "woop woop" talks stand to lose nothing. So many budding entrepenuers pass though their doors and pay money each week that they conveyor belt just keeps turning.

Very few people are successful and those who are generally do quite well. If anybody thinks they have what it takes they should really do their homework first and not just listen to the promoters pushing the scheme. There's a lot of 'if's', 'buts' and small print that you have to find out about for yourself.