Degreaser

Riggi

Hi all, does anyone know where I can get some degreaser around Chiang Rai or Mae Chan? Just the cheap stuff in an aerosol can that you can normally get from kmart and $2 shops in Australia. I need to clean the chain grease from my rear wheel and normal car wash detergent isn't cutting it. I've tried BigC and Tesco as well as a few bike places that sell oil, paint etc. but no joy. I tried to explain to one place what I wanted (to clean up grease) and they pulled out a packet of powdered washing detergent... thanks, Rich

Try the Home place on the east side of the street on the street that goes to super hwy from old bus station, They have lots of things that would serve as a degreaser although that may not be what it is called. A strong detergent can work and diesel fuel can be used in a pinch. Just no smoking :bah:

Edited by scorpio1945

Try the Home place on the east side of the street on the street that goes to super hwy from old bus station, They have lots of things that would serve as a degreaser although that may not be what it is called. A strong detergent can work and diesel fuel can be used in a pinch. Just no smoking :bah:

WD40 or similar should do it. I do suspect that the common washing up liquid we use here in thailand will do the job, but I've not tried it.