Are Teachers Low On The Food Chain?

Felix Lynn

^^^you're pathetic

EDIT: anybody can reply what they want but you must already be aware that the Thai teachers who I make more than twice than along with the locals' opinion of me and teaching supercede any of yours.

Edited by Tyree D.

^^^you're pathetic

EDIT:  anybody can reply what they want but you must already be aware that the Thai teachers who I make more than twice than along with the locals' opinion of me and teaching supercede any of yours.

I thought that was what was termed as flaming, but then I am not a member of the "Club" I am just trying to show the dirt inside.

Guess that tells us what kind of circles you move in, then, Tom...  most of us prefer to be hired by places that are a bit more demanding (and pay a bit more, too).  No accounting for taste, though!  Good luck out there on KSR!  Looking forward to your "story!"

:o

"Steven"

Well it doesn't matter what circles I move in, and that certainly opens a retort, that I will not nother to answer.

The whole purpose of my exercise was to test if I could get a job around 40K a month with no qualifications and little if any experience. This then supports the fact that the low life in your profession are the Farang answer for Bar Girls.

Actually mate schools make a lot of promises and throw figures at you....often though they promise you the world, but you end up with a small bungalow in Bournemouth.

KSR ? well, read the story yourself, it just shocked me it revolves around two English Language Schools One I will call "Dodgy-world" and the Other "Shameless dot com".  The funny thing about the dot com place wan their website hadn't worked, because the owner's husband was the webmaster and he disappeared with some money and the server crashed.
Thing is as with teachers you get good schools and bad schools.
A summary of "Dodgy World":

No qualifications, No real Experience, I was sold an up-country job basically because there were lots of single girls in “Nowhere-Buri” looking for a “Farang Boyfriend” and there was plenty of nightlife. The whole effort took me about 1 hour. So not exactly 40k baht a month, but supposedly with overtime, can make up the extra to get to the 40k. So near enough. So not only unqualified, but also lots of single girls available and looking.

Supposedly if I flap my arms long and hard enough there's a chance I'll be able to fly.

A Summary of "Shameless dot com":

No Qualifications is ok, and they will organize a fake degree, start as soon as I get the fake degree and taking the “Farang Manager” out on the booze I will then get the "Teachers License". The fringe benefits here are of course you can go with the students. But the pay is lower, only about 33 - 35 K a month. Just shameless.

Due to the new degree verification process the fake degree option as set above is quite silly as it means the school owner will risk a jail sentence.....and here schools ownders WILL NOT risk a jail sentence for little old you.
Enjoy the story

As per your PM please PM me details or I'll remove this post, thanks!

^^^you're pathetic

EDIT:  anybody can reply what they want but you must already be aware that the Thai teachers who I make more than twice than along with the locals' opinion of me and teaching supercede any of yours.

I thought that was what was termed as flaming, but then I am not a member of the "Club" I am just trying to show the dirt inside.

Not flaming per se, I can understand him being angry that a non-teacher wishes to show the 'dirty' side of teaching....when pretty much every industry has a 'dirty' side. If you want to be Michael Moore, make your own film. We know there's dubious schools here, we know there are dubious teachers here.....so really you're going over familiar and well trodden ground mate.

Yes you can get a so so job unqualified, same as I might be able to blag a job I can't do in the UK......but if you're not qualfied there's a good chance you can't teach, if you can't teach you probably will find yourself replaced at some point by someone that can....so really you prove nothing with your little quest.

Why not look at the good side of teaching here???

Not flaming per se, I can understand him being angry that a non-teacher wishes to show the 'dirty' side of teaching....when pretty much every industry has a 'dirty' side. If you want to be Michael Moore, make your own film. We know there's dubious schools here, we know there are dubious teachers here.....so really you're going over familiar and well trodden ground mate.

Yes you can get a so so job unqualified, same as I might be able to blag a job I can't do in the UK......but if you're not qualfied there's a good chance you can't teach, if you can't teach you probably will find yourself replaced at some point by someone that can....so really you prove nothing with your little quest.

Why not look at the good side of teaching here???

I'd say this post is spot on. How many 'qualified' real estate brokers are there in Thailand and especially Pataya selling time shares and other dodgy condos; there's loads of them. There are also quite a few real estate brokers in Thailand who are qualified and licensed and know what they are doing. If you want to buy property, it's your job to find a good one, just as it is the student's and school's job to find good teachers.

......  I've already stated in other threads how foreign teachers make more than Thai teachers and more than twice the median family income of some provinces.  But since it is only 500 Euros and $600, you greedy, fat westerners make it sound like it is an extremely underpaid profession.......

Well excuse us for wanting a decent salary.

We NEED the higher salary because we dont get all the little freebies that the thai teachers get - the low interest loans, the 2nd or 3rd jobs / businesses on the side, the sharing of the house with other members of the family, the higher prices we are FORCED to pay even if we are taxpayers etc etc

So when it comes down to it, we are maybe only even with a lot of thai teachers.

Ok;

Why bother with hiding behind PM's we all know the story.

Dodgy was of course @@@@@@@@ and the MD was %%%%%%%%%%%

And Shameless dot com was ##########, and it was ********. Mr Mark's real name is XXXXXX XXXXX

//edit

//remove names and details.

//Mwmber warned for breach of TOS

//

Edited by mattnich