Evaluate My Photo

dinari

That is a beautiful and great shot. What a superb capture. Please some info about this picture, like camera/lens and other EXIF data. Just a fantastic atmosphere and feel to this shot, congratulations. Wish I had taken it :thumbsup:

That is a beautiful and great shot. What a superb capture. Please some info about this picture, like camera/lens and other EXIF data. Just a fantastic atmosphere and feel to this shot, congratulations. Wish I had taken it :thumbsup:

wow.. thank you! :)

and.. I'm sorry, but I don't really know anything about technical part of making pictures..

usually my boyfriend prepares his camera for me (Canon 5D Mark II), chooses the lens and so on.

then I go out and listen to my heart.

this little girl was one of the dancing angels on the temple party .

despite of her "colleagues", she was so scared of being a photo model that she totally refused to posе with other girls.

she was REALLY scared... while other girls were laughing, posing and so on.

I couldn't go inside the temple to take pictures - too many Thai families, relatives, parents - I felt like they wouldn't be really happy to see me among their kids.

so I was sitting outside, on the floor, right in front of the temple, turning off the camera, disappointed... when I saw this girl.

and... I took this picture :)

well, not just this)

probably ten or so shots.

I like all of them, but this one is #1.

she's not just scared here - she's almost suffering...

wow.. thank you! :)

and.. I'm sorry, but I don't really know anything about technical part of making pictures..

usually my boyfriend prepares his camera for me (Canon 5D Mark II), chooses the lens and so on.

then I go out and listen to my heart.

this little girl was one of the dancing angels on the temple party .

despite of her "colleagues", she was so scared of being a photo model that she totally refused to posе with other girls.

she was REALLY scared... while other girls were laughing, posing and so on.

I couldn't go inside the temple to take pictures - too many Thai families, relatives, parents - I felt like they wouldn't be really happy to see me among their kids.

so I was sitting outside, on the floor, right in front of the temple, turning off the camera, disappointed... when I saw this girl.

and... I took this picture :)

well, not just this)

probably ten or so shots.

I like all of them, but this one is #1.

she's not just scared here - she's almost suffering...

You are most welcome, the comment was a well deserved one and thanks for sharing it with us all.

I am very technical and heavily into cameras and lenses and the technical side of taking photographs but I haven't managed to take a shot like this one. So it just goes to show how the heart, eyes and the feeling for photography in the end is what really matters. Worth you learning a bit more about the technical side too as it will enhance your enjoyment and hopefully give you added opportunities to produce more great shots like this one to share with us all. :wai:

Oh and I meant to add that the Canon 7D MkII is one hell of a great camera, couple it with some of their wonderful L lenses and you have a formidable set up. I have a Canon 40D with a couple of L lenses, and also the highly recommended Lumix GF1 Micro Four Thirds camera with three quality lenses as this is so light and portable so it lives with me nearly all the time and yet it gives me the quality I get from my Canon DSLR. Worth looking at for you as a serious easy and pleasant to use interchangeable lens camera that will fit in your handbag.

Edited by rayw

You are most welcome, the comment was a well deserved one and thanks for sharing it with us all.

I am very technical and heavily into cameras and lenses and the technical side of taking photographs but I haven't managed to take a shot like this one. So it just goes to show how the heart, eyes and the feeling for photography in the end is what really matters. Worth you learning a bit more about the technical side too as it will enhance your enjoyment and hopefully give you added opportunities to produce more great shots like this one to share with us all. :wai:

Oh and I meant to add that the Canon 7D MkII is one hell of a great camera, couple it with some of their wonderful L lenses and you have a formidable set up. I have a Canon 40D with a couple of L lenses, and also the highly recommended Lumix GF1 Micro Four Thirds camera with three quality lenses as this is so light and portable so it lives with me nearly all the time and yet it gives me the quality I get from my Canon DSLR. Worth looking at for you as a serious easy and pleasant to use interchangeable lens camera that will fit in your handbag.

thank you rayw :)

I'll think about it) though I'm really soooo far away from all those technical things...

I like the shot a lot, great moment, great light, the camera handles the situation very well, very attractive color saturation, nice depth of field.

I like it full frame, but I added a crop because it puts more emphasis on the girl.

canuckamuck, thank you!

as far as cropped picture.. how about her grandma's arm? cut arm looks a little scary :ermm:

• 5 months later...

I like the shot a lot, great moment, great light, the camera handles the situation very well, very attractive color saturation, nice depth of field.

I like it full frame, but I added a crop because it puts more emphasis on the girl.

I agree that the cropped shot gives more impact to the photo with out all the distracting elements in the original.