What Can I Buy For 60,000 Pounds

wow thats kool. what are the best areas to live in for like views and restaurants. i need a bungalow as im in a wheelchair or a villa or even a condo. can i just go to thailand and buy a property or are they tax implications on top of buying a home as a foreigner

wow thats kool. what are the best areas to live in for like views and restaurants. i need a bungalow as im in a wheelchair or a villa or even a condo. can i just go to thailand and buy a property or are they tax implications on top of buying a home as a foreigner

Wife TAX is the one you have to watch out for :o

search the forum and you will find plenty on trying to own a house in Thailand

im thinking of leaving england and coming to live in thailand. plz could you tell me if i can buy a nice home for 60,000 pounds or would i need more money

You can buy my bungalow, install a swimming pool in the grounds, buy a brand new car, have hot and cold running ladies for a couple of years, and still have change to buy a few changs. :o

Hi Toffo

I work with realestate here in khon kaen, which is in NE Thailand

I have just introduced an idea to market wheelchair friendly bungalows to the biggest housebuilder here.

I have forwarded plans and ideas to the architect team and they will deisgn an example home soon. I can let you have a copy of the plan if u like

I would be interested to hear any of your requirements as a wheelchair user....there may be features that i have not included in my recommendations.

We are sourcing suitable fixtures and fittings to adapt bathrooms and doors at the moment

Not too many Thai developers are thinking about wheelchair users.

fortunatley this company are receptive to customers requirements, which is a novelty in itself here in Thailand

drop me a line at [email protected] if you want to discuss further

ps. Im not trying to sell you a home, i would love your help though

Richard

im thinking of leaving england and coming to live in thailand. plz could you tell me if i can buy a nice home for 60,000 pounds or would i need more money

Howdy Tofo,

You will have no problem buying or building a comfortable home in Issan for that kind of money.Just stay away from the tourist areas and you will be fine,as far as price that is.

Enjoy your life :o

Hi toffo,

No-one has raised this question so I will.

Your being in a wheelchair realises potential medical requirements that may not be available to you everywhere.

There is no need to elaborate on your condition but if you do require expert medical care even from time to time, it will not be available everywhere and certainly not in all the rurals areas.

Equally, in order to be mobile as much as possible you will need an adapted vehicle to enjoy all that Thailand has to offer as able bodied individuals do.

If the above does apply, you will have to choose your location very carefully.

That said, and assuming you have prior knowledge of Thailand it would do you no harm to have immediate legal representation here who can assist with all your needs both pre/post arrival.

If it is Bangkok that you choose to live, there are a number of very nice apartment building here to buy and rent ( should you wish to test the water first) that cater for the wheelchair bound.

Good luck,

Teach.

Toffo,

Keep your money in your pocket where it is save for at least 6 month to a year. Get clued up on thai law about buying land, house and condominiums. They are not really foreigner friendly so you have to decide if you can live with that.

An area that looks nice on a holiday will not look the same when you live there. Rent where you plan to live for a while, and look around for a property that you like.

Good luck and trust only yourself.

Keep your money in your pocket where it is save for at least 6 month to a year. Get clued up on thai law about buying land, house and condominiums. They are not really foreigner friendly so you have to decide if you can live with that.

An area that looks nice on a holiday will not look the same when you live there. Rent where you plan to live for a while, and look around for a property that you like.

Good luck and trust only yourself.

Well Said Khun Jean - I was going to say the same. Visit first. Rent for a year or so and see if you like it. Move around a bit to take on new areas - North, South, North East, Central etc - its all different. Do you have a carer that's coming with you (wife etc)?

Beware the hounds; like anywhere else, keep your wits about you - if it sounds too good to be true, it is! Don't do the common Farang thing of checking you brain at Don Muang. Trust your judgement and gut, if it feels dodgy, walk away.

Make sure you have the Visa requirements sussed. Don't meet a cutie and put the house in her name - unless you want to give her it and make yourself homeless!

Search this site for the sob stories - it happens, so watch your self.

Having said that, if its done right, you'll be laughing. Enjoy your place in the sun.

hi, ill answer a few of your questions. im an ex british soldier who had a motorcyle accident which left me in a wheelchair. im fully independant and dont need any help from anybody. my health is ok and im only 34 . the house i live in now has no adaptions at all. the only thing i would need is a lil larger bathroom and thats about it. i play all sports and drive a sports wheelchair hahaha. i also have a car which is adapted but it shouldnt be a problem in thailand to sort that out.

hi, ill answer a few of your questions. im an ex british soldier who had a motorcyle accident which left me in a wheelchair.  im fully independant and dont need any help from anybody. my health is ok and im only 34 . the house i live in now has no adaptions at all. the only thing i would need is a lil larger bathroom and thats about it. i play all sports and drive a sports wheelchair hahaha.  i also have a car which is adapted but it shouldnt be a problem in thailand to sort that out.

Presume you've been here before. How do you find it? I personally find it extremely wheelchair unfriendly, and find it scary to see some guys going down the road in Pattaya. The pavements are so bad I have a problem walking! In my town it would be practically impossible, and I've never seen anyone in a wheelchair. The pavements are 2 foot 6 inches off the road in the town centre. Necessary during rainfall.

If you are not married to a Thai Girl, you will probably have to settle for a condominium/appartment since thats about the only housing a foreigner is alowed to own here.....

If you want a house/bungalowe and property, it has to be in the name of a thai national..you can not even be a co-owner as it stands today...

Edited by toyicebear

If you are not married to a Thai Girl, you will probably have to settle for a condominium/appartment since thats about the only housing a foreigner is alowed to own here.....

If you want a house/bungalowe and property, it has to be in the name of a thai national..you can not even be a co-owner as it stands today...

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Kneejerk advice.

This guy needs accurate advice. If you can't contribute to it.

Don't.

T.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Kneejerk advice.

Don't.

T.

Thats how it has been described to me, if you have more accurate information, then please post it.....

I will be also be going realestate shopping in the near future, so i would like to get as much information as possible too.....

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Kneejerk advice.

Don't.

T.

Interesting, you don't actually state how this info is wrong.

A Brit cannot own land in Thailand, that is true 100%

Other options are Company , leasing, but still the farang will not actually own the land.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Kneejerk advice.

Don't.

T.

Other options are Company , leasing, but still the farang will not actually own the land.

Hi Loong,

The answer is to found when investigating 'special needs' groups. Though all able bodied individuals will find it difficult NOT impossible to own land. It is not impossible for those with special needs in which this guy falls into. It will require registering with and obtaining the assistance of the NGO that deals with physically challenged people.

T.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Kneejerk advice.

Don't.

T.

Though all able bodied individuals will find it difficult NOT impossible to own land.

Teach, can you expand on the "not impossible". My understanding was that it was, unless through a company. Sorry toffo, i'm not trying to hijack your post but if teach knows something, that most of us are unaware, it would indeed be of use to all.