Where To Head?

DocHolliday2006

I love Chiang Mai, but hear the air quality gets really atrocious here by March.

I'm looking for a good place to go with the following must haves:

1) Must have good fruit availability at good prices. Chiang Mai has many awesome fruit markets, including a large wholesale one. Something on this scale would be great.

2) Not polluted

3) Must have good internet access with speeds comparable to Bangkok or Chiang Mai

4) If it has a beach, access to hiking, or yoga opportunities, all the better.

Not polluted....?

Wrong country mate...

Can't think of many places...any places here now that aren't polluted in some way or another.

Agree. The Thais aren't exactly known for their conservational sensitivities!

• 2 weeks later...

Thung Wua Laen in Chumphon Province.

That is a nice charming place, Chumphon is a lovely town. A lot kite surfing and a little diving as well. They are environmental friendly (at Thai level) because of the swiftlets there.

So there's really no place in Thailand without the air filled with soot and dangerous to breath like Chiang Mai is March to April?

How about the south?

Surat Thani?

How about Chanthaburi? Too Rural?

Nakhon Ratchasima?

Kanchanaburi?

Any other suggestions?

I'm not asking for paradise - just internet, fruit, and breathable air.

So there's really no place in Thailand without the air filled with soot and dangerous to breath like Chiang Mai is March to April?

How about the south?

Surat Thani?

Nakhon Ratchasima?

Kanchanaburi?

Any other suggestions?

My suggestion. Fruit?? Good grief. Wait till you see this place.

Air quality? I can see the stars every night.

Best immigration in Thailand, far and away.

What's your suggestion? Did I miss it?

How about the south?

Surat Thani?

Nakhon Ratchasima?

Kanchanaburi?

Any other suggestions?

How about the south?

Surat Thani?

Nakhon Ratchasima?

Kanchanaburi?

Any other suggestions?

Shit, sorry :) Chanthaburi.

Has several really nice things.

To me the most important. The Thai's could careless about the few farangs that are here.

The majority of Chanthaburi Thai's are well off and wouldn't spend the time to fleece a farang.

This is a cosmopolitan town, with gem traders from Africa, India, and Europe plying there trade here.

Here farangs are assumed to be engaged in commerce, not tourist.

High employment rate amongst the Thai's = fewer bar girls, thus your not assumed to be a sex fiend ( I fooled them)

I mean it is still Thailand and the issues exist here as elsewhere, but for me it's home.

That is a nice charming place, Chumphon is a lovely town. A lot kite surfing and a little diving as well. They are environmental friendly (at Thai level) because of the swiftlets there.

Thanks for that tip. I Googled images of Chumphon and it sure looks nice. I want to learn how to kite surf and already love diving and sailing.

Can you get an oceanfront condo down there for a decent price? Or have the real-estate vermin found already found the place?

What about Western food.......Big Cs....etc.

About Chantaburi: I would like to know more about the city. I am familiar with the mountains near it but not really the oceanfront action.

Thanks for that tip. I Googled images of Chumphon and it sure looks nice. I want to learn how to kite surf and already love diving and sailing.

Can you get an oceanfront condo down there for a decent price? Or have the real-estate vermin found already found the place?

What about Western food.......Big Cs....etc.

About Chantaburi: I would like to know more about the city. I am familiar with the mountains near it but not really the oceanfront action.

Laem sing and chao lao beaches. Thai style. There OK. Not great when it rains heavy due to the river draining into the sea.

Thanks. So the internet is good there? You didn't mention that.

I've heard other good things about Chanthabburi, so I'll check it out. I'l stay a day or two in guest houses, but I'll be looking to rent an apartment/room with good internet access in the $200 to $300 range. Know of anything I should look into?

Thanks,

- Andrew

How about the south?

Surat Thani?

Nakhon Ratchasima?

Kanchanaburi?

Any other suggestions?

Shit, sorry :) Chanthaburi.

Has several really nice things.

To me the most important. The Thai's could careless about the few farangs that are here.

The majority of Chanthaburi Thai's are well off and wouldn't spend the time to fleece a farang.

This is a cosmopolitan town, with gem traders from Africa, India, and Europe plying there trade here.

Here farangs are assumed to be engaged in commerce, not tourist.

High employment rate amongst the Thai's = fewer bar girls, thus your not assumed to be a sex fiend ( I fooled them)

I mean it is still Thailand and the issues exist here as elsewhere, but for me it's home.