Thai Army Need All The Help They Can Get

needforspeed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would join the Navy but not the Army. Navy keeps houses of ill repute on base. I don't think the Army does. Army seems a bit uptight to me. Navy has more fun and good beaches plus they get to go pirate hunting. The Navy speaks better English too, even though they employ Aussie English teachers. Most of the Naval officers can say very distinctly, "put some shrimp on the barbie and get me a beer." And that is an important phrase to know in any military unit.

No..

Why would you ask this question to people whom i'm sure 99% of, are not even Thai ??

The US paid the Thais to fight during the 1960's and 70's I'd return the favor, they could pay me. Maybe it is covered under the treaty of Amity.

No..

Why would you ask this question to people whom i'm sure 99% of, are not even Thai ??

The US paid the Thais to fight during the 1960's and 70's

There's a surprise..

I think the Japanese paid them off in WWII. Short battle on a beach, Cha-am area. Thai and Japanese commanders agreed money, went to Bangkok with a suitcase of the stuff and were given free* passage.

No links or anything, was told this years back.

*Well, not free, but you get the idea.

Do I get my own tank?

and a work permit?

That would be the cherry on the trifle wouldn't it. For some weird reason volunteer to fight for Thailand, go off and take a few pot shots at the Cambodians and when home on leave get nicked for working without a work permit.

I just want to add though that I think the tanks should also have coffee makers.

And none of those no name <deleted> you buy at the Indo-China markets. Big hotel spec Boncafe one where you just press the button for your selection.

"O.K. Private Sombat. You just stick your snout out of the turret, see where those Khymen scruffs are and report back. Try not to get your noggin blown off there's a good chap. I'm just trying to decide between espresso or cappuccino."

I just thought of a flaw in this cunning initiative.

Visa runs to the enemy ...... eeeuuuhhhh

A flaw? I see it as fortunate because we get two kill two birds with one stone. Pop over to Poi-Pet for a bit of a battle and get a new stamp at the same time.

Besides, we'll have work permits anyway.