Thai Army Need All The Help They Can Get

needforspeed

Can we fight the dutch too?

There is this dutch poster who won't forgive me for my denigrating remarks about Heineken.

I hope he does not read this, i was thinking of a surprise pre emptive strike, a replay of 1830, but with more collateral damage.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK

But we have to have a go at the French as well.

Of course.

We Chanthaburians have a score to settle with those frenchies - you do know the story of the chickens, don't you?

And their dodgy maps started the border dispute anyways.

Aux armes!!!!!

But I hope they do not send that naked breasted flag waving woman into battle again though, Marianne is her name, we might get distracted and loose the battle.

Have you ever tried to show/instruct a Thai the correct way of doing something? I can just imagine it, "No, point the bazooka that way Somchai...No That Way...that way..that-that......THAT WAY!!! ......F$#K! DOWN!!!" Boom!

Edited by wolf5370

If they asked you, would you join the Thai armed forces.

Helping protect and defend LOS.

It would depend on a stack of variables but I could not rule out the possibility that I would contribute, if requested to do so. I'd have to find out whether or not I'm still on the Active Reserve lists, or whether I'd be arrested upon returning home (I'm not sure the RAAF would be thrilled about former officers doing such a thing, even crappy ones like I was - but then again, we had Thai officer cadets in my year at ADFA).

Would would a foreigner on a NON-immigrant visa have any loyalty to the nation of Thailand?

Why would a citizen have any loyalty to the nation of their birth? Is it merely an immigration / citizenship issue, because I'm sure in such a hypothetical where the massive Thai Armed Forces felt it necessary to request all hands on deck, I'm sure such things could be arranged.

If it's not merely a citizenship issue, please go on...

I enlisted for officer training in the ADF not out of patriotism (I'm not racist) but because I believed (somewhat naively, but I was 17) that there was a 'cause' worth defending against evil threats. When Australia fell over itself to be on the wrong side in joining the Coalition of the Willing, I resigned my Commission.

I'm still a pathetic sentimentalist. If there was a cause worth defending, I cannot rule out the chance that I just might idiotically expose myself to risk and contribute.

Can we do coups too?

FtJbk.jpg

Seriously dude? You thought that, and then thought it would be a good idea to post it?

In all seriousness - ignoring the fact I am unbelievebly out of shape from when I was 'in' (and would probably be fit about 3 months too late!) - my kids are here, my friends are here, my home is here - no matter how the media and the government likes to take a dump from a great height on us, I would still stand and fight to protect all the above. I would expect citizenship from service, but even so, I would protect my family - and I would be much more capable doing that with a firearm in my hands.

Have you ever tried to show/instruct a Thai the correct way of doing something? I can just imagine it, "No, point the bazooka that way Somchai...No That Way...that way..that-that......THAT WAY!!! ......F$#K! DOWN!!!" Boom!

I fought with Thai troops. You sir?

No - I haven't - I was, of course, joking - When did you fight with them? Where? Recently? If not, is that at all relevent?

I will when answering assume we are reaching some specific end-of-day-Scenarios. During any normal curse of action we could not and would not be asked to join.

If there was a full out war with another nation and Thailand was the aggressor/invader, I would not.

If Thailand was invaded by one or several nations and the capital needed to be protected, I would.

If red shirts launched a full out revolution, I would.

If aliens attacked, I would.

But the chance of any of the scenarios happening are minuscule at best.

Edited by TAWP

No - I haven't - I was, of course, joking - When did you fight with them? Where? Recently? If not, is that at all relevent?

with them? meaning against them?

Are you a red shirt?

Scooter won't like that

I just thought of a flaw in this cunning initiative.

Visa runs to the enemy ...... eeeuuuhhhh

A flaw? I see it as fortunate because we get two kill two birds with one stone. Pop over to Poi-Pet for a bit of a battle and get a new stamp at the same time.

Besides, we'll have work permits anyway.

Indeed, and with extension on the Visa due to WP we only need to report to the police/our CO every 90 days/8.00 hours every day.

Are you a red shirt?

Scooter won't like that

I would assume the "with them" in his statement means "Along side" as opposed to "Against" - that seems to make sense given the context.

Are you a red shirt?

Scooter won't like that

I would assume the "with them" in his statement means "Along side" as opposed to "Against" - that seems to make sense given the context.

so you assume that the context makes sense?

WOOOOOOW

In combat years ago. Recently involved in exercises, Cobra Gold. What is relevant is you have no knowledge of the Thai military.

You are just making fun of people and an institution that you have no direct knowledge of.

Making fun of people who have and are risking their lives is a despicable thing. Made even more despicable by the fact that you live in Thailand.

I watched a friend polish one boot every day before he went on duty. He was Thai Airborne but he didn't jump out of airplanes any more. He got his other foot blown off. You are not even fit to lace his shoes.

You should apologize. Not to me. But to any Thai who happens to read this forum. It might not be obvious to them you were joking. Your post was not a joke anyway. It was a bigoted thing to say.

If you have Thai children show it to them when they get a little older and see if they think it is funny,

Actually, as recently as the late Ayutthaya period, foreign nationals (of any rank) in Siam were required to assist in the defense of their resident cities- and did so!

I doubt those guys had to do 90 day address reports at immigration though.

And the queues at the Vientiane embassy would have been a bit shorter.

In combat years ago. Recently involved in exercises, Cobra Gold. What is relevant is you have no knowledge of the Thai military.

You are just making fun of people and an institution that you have no direct knowledge of.

Making fun of people who have and are risking their lives is a despicable thing. Made even more despicable by the fact that you live in Thailand.

I watched a friend polish one boot every day before he went on duty. He was Thai Airborne but he didn't jump out of airplanes any more. He got his other foot blown off. You are not even fit to lace his shoes.

You should apologize. Not to me. But to any Thai who happens to read this forum. It might not be obvious to them you were joking. Your post was not a joke anyway. It was a bigoted thing to say.

If you have Thai children show it to them when they get a little older and see if they think it is funny,

Yawn! You must have been a Rupert!

You have no idea what I am fit to do - you have no idea of my history. What I said was a joke - I even told you it was - it would be bigotted if I actually believed it (and if I did THEN it would not be a joke). You must be all the fun at parties eh?

Also I didn't make fun of any institution, I made fun of a Thai trait (stereotypical I know - that's what jokes are!) - it was you who got all out of his basher about it. What a fun life you must lead.

You mention your military service every chance you get...well when I was in, we took the p!ss out of other regiments, certainly out of other branches and services (Navy/Air Force/etc) and especially other country's forces (both in front of them or behind their back whenever the joke worked) - this matters not if they are friend or foe - and in my experience they all do the same. Its just ribbing, not a p!ssinbg contest - and certainly no bigottry intended.

I also came back a post or so later - saying that I would join them - just to add more weight to the fact I was kidding. So, for levity's sake get off your high horse.

Edited by wolf5370

Why? Did they steal your Som Tam?

I'd join as long as I got a uniform with lots of gold braid and a chestful of medals - and a personal batman :ph34r:

Don't be daft.

if you have a personal batman, everybody will want one.

Just think of all the extra employment that will create!

I'd join as long as I got a uniform with lots of gold braid and a chestful of medals - and a personal batman :ph34r:

Don't be daft.

if you have a personal batman, everybody will want one.

Just think of all the extra employment that will create!

ka-ching

I'll open an agency at once.

Could be tempting if we could buy commissions.

Well, this being Thailand, we certainly could, if farangs were allowed in the Army...

Seriously... war with Cambodia.

How many Thais (in %) would want to concede territory to Cambodia?

They need to be led by a strong figure to fight off these pesky Cambodians, instead by a fugitive making friends with the head of the great evil.

or... is soon election time again?

Could be tempting if we could buy commissions.

Well, this being Thailand, we certainly could, if farangs were allowed in the Army...

Seriously... war with Cambodia.

How many Thais (in %) would want to concede territory to Cambodia?

They need to be led by a strong figure to fight off these pesky Cambodians, instead by a fugitive making friends with the head of the great evil.

or... is soon election time again?

I was talking to 2 Thais today about the Cambodia thing. They both said that people along that border were like family regardless of which side they lived on and that the sooner the politicians on both sides stopped being such <deleted> and sorted it out peacefully the better.

It would depend on a stack of variables but I could not rule out the possibility that I would contribute, if requested to do so. I'd have to find out whether or not I'm still on the Active Reserve lists, or whether I'd be arrested upon returning home (I'm not sure the RAAF would be thrilled about former officers doing such a thing, even crappy ones like I was - but then again, we had Thai officer cadets in my year at ADFA).

I'm still a pathetic sentimentalist. If there was a cause worth defending, I cannot rule out the chance that I just might idiotically expose myself to risk and contribute.

Can we do coups too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and you do not worry about posting a quote that might not be liked by the next prime minister?

we are so alike, DUDE.

Alike? You take that back! That's a little bit insulting, were I the type to get 'insulted'.

The fact that you would think the two statements above to be somehow comparable...is just mind-blowing.

I'm not even going to bother to outline the Obvious for you. I think that ship sailed some time back, without you on board. Ignoring the fact that your post breaches seven of the forum rules, this is how 'worried' I am about Australian joke politicians:

a3Kd0.jpg

x3qEt.jpg

The Australian PM is not the CiC of the ADF. I resigned my Queen's Commission. The Governor-General would be at the sharp end of my chain of command (if I were still listed as Active, which I'm 99% certain I'm not).

And of course, I'm talking about repelling an unwarranted attack which is so grave, the hypothetical could come into theoretical play. We're talking Apocalyptic scenarios. And I'm saying I couldn't rule out the possibility that I would help defend innocents from rape and slaughter.

Compare that with your statement. I'm...speechless.

Are you a red shirt?

Scooter won't like that

I am a little bit too 'enlightened' to dislike someone for the colour of the shirt they wear. I care more about the ostensible concerns of the Red Shirt 'movement' than the majority of the Red Shirts do.

Your statement only becomes correct if you're calling all Red Shirts Thaksin-supporters, who are willing to sacrifice the future of their children to bring home a crook and a human rights abuser who's promised them cool stuff!

But they're not all like that (to your chagrin, no doubt), so your statement is incorrect.

Actually, as recently as the late Ayutthaya period, foreign nationals (of any rank) in Siam were required to assist in the defense of their resident cities- and did so!

You're making it sound like it was last week IJWT as opposed to about 250 years ago. :D