Us Disaster Foreign Relief Funds

Galong

I heard that Sri Lanka donated $25,000 to aid the US. This is from a very poor country and it's an incredible gesture on their part. With all the bad news out there, it's heartwarming to hear things of this nature.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Thailand either donating money, offering man-power or sending condolences.

Thanks...

I hear Thailand will be sending over some doctors and nurses. Even Afghanistan coughed up $100,000US, nice job.

Sri-Lanka should have a few spare dollars, they got a load of Tsunami aid and didn't seem to like dolling it out to those in need.

Kuwait have donated £270million in oil products .. not quite sure how oil products will help that much

I hear Thailand will be sending over some doctors and nurses. Even Afghanistan coughed up $100,000US, nice job.

Sri-Lanka should have a few spare dollars, they got a load of Tsunami aid and didn't seem to like dolling it out to those in need.

Kuwait have donated £270million in oil products .. not quite sure how oil products will help that much

Actually, with some damage to off shore oil rigs in the gulf, oil is still necessary. The US is already tapping into its reserves. Oil is needed to fuel planes, heavy equipment, busses, generators, etc., in the area, not just as fuel but as a lubricant. While it may not seem all that vital for the damaged areas, the loss of the gulf oil rigs will have a nationwide effect. Although I haven't personally seen any reports about it, I'm hearing that it could well have some impact on the global economy. Assistance of all kinds are welcomed and I for one appreciate all the generosity of all the nations who are offering assistance to the US.