Room Or Apartment Needed Asap

Hi, I need a room or apartment in Bangkok reasonably priced from September 10th for approx 1 month maybe more.

Only absolutely necessary requirement is that it must have internet access (telephone line is okay as long as it's possible for a dial-up connection). I read something about being able to buy a prepaid internet card for use with my laptop, if so, that is fine. Airconditioning and cable tv is also preferred. If you have an available room, or know of one with these requirements, please contact me with the details of the room and the price. my email address is [email protected] I appreciate any info provided.

Hi, I need a  room or apartment in Bangkok reasonably priced from September 10th for approx 1 month maybe more.

Only absolutely necessary requirement is that it must have internet access (telephone line is okay as long as it's possible for a dial-up connection). I read something about being able to buy a prepaid internet card for use with my laptop, if so, that is fine. Airconditioning and cable tv is also preferred. If you have an available room, or know of one with these requirements, please contact me with the details of the room and the price. my email address is [email protected]  I appreciate any info provided.

most of the really cheap places that are under 10k baht a month require a stay of at least 2 months. so, since you mentioned 1 month stay, I would suggest you get into a service apartment. of course, they are a little more expensive.

2 I know of that have what you want are...

www.housebythepond.com

www.admiralsuites.com

both are on sukhumvit soi 22. but they will run you about 15k to 30k a month depending on the size of the room you want. you will need to check to see if there are any vacancies. these 2 places are very popular.

thank you for the info. much appreciated. I may stay for longer than the one month if I like it there. I am checking alot of different places online, and have found rooms with phone lines, just concerned about whether or not I can connect to the net from my laptop. I emailed one place last night and explained about the prepaid internet card,but she basically just pointed to an internet cafe. anyways, if anyone knows how these internet cards work, and which hotels they work at, any info would be appreciated. I just wanna be able to dialup from my room without all the bother of going to internet cafes. thanks again.

thank you for the info. much appreciated. I  may stay for longer than the one month if I like it there. I am checking alot of different places online, and have found rooms with phone lines, just concerned about whether or not I can connect to the net from my laptop. I emailed one place last night and explained about the prepaid internet card,but she basically just pointed to an internet cafe. anyways, if anyone knows how these internet cards work, and which hotels they work at, any info would be appreciated. I just wanna be able to dialup from my room without all the bother of going to internet cafes. thanks again.

to do dialup internet, you ideally need a dedicated phone line. if you have this, then, with an internet card, you can access the internet.

internet cards come in a variety of timeframes, and vendors. a couple of the vendors that come to mind include ksc, and csloxinfo. you can surf the web to find the websites for these guys.

timeframes usually are denoted in the number of hours. I usually buy the unlimited which means that with that internet card, I can access the internet 24/7 for as many days that the card is valid.

what do you get with an internet card? ...basically, with the purchase of an internet card, you are provided with a username, a password, and a phone number that you dial to access the internet.

all you do is invoke your microsoft dialup wizard and key in the username, password, and dialup phone number. that's all there is to it.

an alternative to dialup and having to need a dedicated phone line is to go to places in town that have free wifi. www.cnet.com has a list for wifi places in bangkok. check it out.

..or you can read some of the other postings here on thaivisa for that info.

when I lived at the housebythepond way back when, I accessed the internet using their telephone system and a internet card. who knows what they have now. they may have wifi now.

as for admiral suites, I had many friends who stayed there. so, I know they are up and up about the internet. they may even have wifi now since adjacent to the place is a "coffee max" which is similiar to starbucks.

but you would have to check that out for yourself.