Vientiane Double Visa: Three Strikes And You'Re Out!

WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE THIS SORT OF JUDGEMENT! WHAT GIVES YOU ANY SAY SO...? YOU MUST NOT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHO AND WHAT IS GOING ON OR EVEN THE LIVES THAT THIS MIGHT POSSIBLY EFFECT!!!!

What, tourists on holiday here for 6-12 months already? and looking another 3-6 months 'holiday'? :rolleyes:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breath-taking, the number of foreigners who think it is their right to inhabit someone else's country on their terms.

Come to the USA and REALLY have your breath 'abated'! Millions (12 to 20?) of illegals who would laugh at the notion of a visa and equally-laughable immigration enforcement, anchor babies, impractical deportation, high levels of imprisoned illegals ... need I go on?

Agree and the average foreigner complaining here about Thailand certainly could not get to stay in the US legally for anything like the time they are allowed here. Same for many other countries.

Tourists don't need 4 Tourist visas.

Good to see them cracking down on people illegally abusing the system.

Should really make it a limit of 2, not 3. Or even a limit of one in neighbouring countries.

and how, may i ask, does it affect you? Really...does it affect you in anyway? does it really affect anyone how many times a person goes in and out of Thailand?

The whole visa scam is a crock of sh**! It's just ridiculous government bureaucracy. If people are spending money...who cares?!

Thailand is not alone in applying the crock, Friend recently had Oz tourist visa refused as she had spent too much time in Oz in the previous year, (no breach of visa conditions)

Breath-taking, the number of foreigners who think it is their right to inhabit someone else's country on their terms.

Come to the USA and REALLY have your breath 'abated'! Millions (12 to 20?) of illegals who would laugh at the notion of a visa and equally-laughable immigration enforcement, anchor babies, impractical deportation, high levels of imprisoned illegals ... need I go on?

...people picking fruit that would otherwise rot on the vines...

I just returned from the embassy in Vientiane, and i witnessed a Two strikes and you're out.

The guy in front of me in the queue was refused a tourist visa, and he had only TWO previous tourist visas from Vientiane. Of the two previous tourist visas, only one was a double entry.

Good.

6-9 months of 'tourism', with visas from vientiane and he's looking for another 3 or 6 months of tourism?

hopefully these refusals are brought in across the board.

So what you are saying is 2 tourist visits only every 10 years regardless of the the economic impact on the Kingdom? or that it may force many good tourists to relocate their dollars to Cambodia? Amazing....

... under 50, have money, do not need to work (especially in Thailand), are not married nor have a child with a Thai ... Any policy that would prevent (my) unlimited stay in Thailand is just plain retarded Thai style decision making without thinking ... Maybe the policy has been thought out and decided upon quite deliberately.

You're both right!!:)

Should really make it a limit of 2, not 3. Or even a limit of one in neighbouring countries.

your so mean.... and what system is that you refer to?

Edited by yumidesign

,if they want to kick out their tourists. Nothing we can do about it .

They don't. They want people to have the correct visas, as to be regulated properly. Too many paedos and criminals working illegally just to stay here and not using the correct visa procedures and working/teaching on Tourist Visas.

The reigns should be tightened. You either qualify to work/live here, or you don't. Questionable people living/working here on tourist visas from neighbouring countries should be reined in, and if they don't meet the requirements to live/work here legally, they should be shipped out, with a short stay in a prison cell to teach them some respect for another country's visa laws.

There's nothing wrong with breaking rules....Thais,as do all nationalities for that matter, do it all the time...mai pen rai.

I wonder if the same people who obviously think it is their birthright to live in Thailand forever on their own terms are the same ones who constantly bemoan the influx of immigrants to their home countries.

My thoughts exactly.

You can certainly work, Trooper...just get a permit like the thousands of other foreigners working here legally.

Want to own land? Form a company like the thousands of other foreign land owners have done.

Too lazy to do that? The by all means leave. Please.

ERR, Richard, have you seen this thread?...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/396496-four-ways-to-lose-your-property-in-thailand

:unsure:

I just returned from the embassy in Vientiane, and i witnessed a Two strikes and you're out.

The guy in front of me in the queue was refused a tourist visa, and he had only TWO previous tourist visas from Vientiane. Of the two previous tourist visas, only one was a double entry.

Good.

6-9 months of 'tourism', with visas from vientiane and he's looking for another 3 or 6 months of tourism?

hopefully these refusals are brought in across the board.

Can you please tell us ignorant 'farangs' who are trying to follow what appears to be moving-target (probably arbitrary) immigration policy why refusals of multiple tourist visas would be 'Good'? One more minor question. Can you cite the Thai immigration law where the absolute number of tourist visas allowed is stated? It would be nice if immigration policy were set by law and not by the opinion of an individual (immigration officer or not - such as yourself).

for myself i dont miss the point but i agree with you.

wait and see in the next 10 years the neighbouring countrys are passing thailand and thailand will suffer maybe.because of their stupid medievil laws they use and have here.a thai lives in the past and thats not so good.they always tell me ahhh the glory old days.what?????thailand is such an small country and political and economical not so important and not so powerful.so they should shut up and listen to smarter people from countrys did achived something important ok.

thailand needs tourists money and residents who buying Houses and cars or whatever here.mostly these residents are Men and buying property for their new thai wife.thats no so good too because the thai law is totally foreigner unfriendly.you cant buy land on your own name.who gonna buy property in a country where you cant be the owner and you pay for it.hahahaha thats like an lottery win for a thai.they laughing at us.look how stupid this fallang is loosing all his money only because of the thai pussy.brainwashing i call this.surely if you are fallin in love with a girl doesnt matter where she comes from it is so hard to be in control specially if a young slim cute girl comes along.

i do understand LOVE is the most powerful force in life.but there is a limit.lovv makes many guys blind and naive.and many many foreigners paid for it.sometimes with their life but mostly with their hard earned money.it is a shame that thailand is like this.i did bought a house here this was my biggest MISTAKE ever.but i had a reason why.My son he is half foreign half thai but he is looking more like a foreign guy.legacy i was thinking about it for myself and my son

and someday my ex thai girl ran away with another foreign guy and sold the house when i went back home to my country.i am not the only one so many cases like my one happened to foreigners in thailand.

anyway history but not over.

i will get back my money from the thai girl if not who knows.i can defend myself and going violent too not only thai people.

.NOW i changed my mind and i only stay for holiday here in thailand because this country is instable you dont know whats going on here in the future.

this country is normaly a total big joke and mistake.but i dont wanna stay here forever only lontterm holiday every year and thats it.

maybe they learn and open their mind and make it easier for foreigners to stay here or maybe GAME OVER here.who knows but i hope thais will learn and open their mind to the globalism and change their politics and laws against foreigners.thailand is already loosing millions of dollas year by year.surely the global economy crisis is a main reason,but not every country suffered heavily like the USA or ireland or Greece.there is a main reason why thailand lost so many tourists.first the riots in bangkok before in the city and the yellow shirts closed down the intl.airport.

<deleted> no tourist wanna be involved in this shid.thats their problem housemade and no thai can blame me for their bullshit ok.

i hope for the thai citizen it will going better and for us as foreigners too.

there is one important prhase for foreigners in thailand,keep it simple keep it funny and keep it flexible.when i see some foreigners buying so much stuff here only to show a thai or myself ahhhh i have money so i got the power.fuc_k them.money isnt everything in life idiots.specially when the money is running out and they get kicked out from thailand they begin to realize ohhh bad mistake big mistake to buy so much property here.

you can make a little money in thailand but you will loose and spend a lot of money before you even can earn money here.

so i keep it simple for myself and i am flexible.i dont need this american style lifestyle.like a big three story house with a big swimmingpool and five cars and whatever.this doenst work out for us here.before a foreigner turn his head everything will be gone or lost because the thai will take it way

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no mercy

anyhow enjoy life and live and let live.

People have been saying for years that Thailand does this and it does that, and then one day you'll see, all their tourism will disappear. Yet, it keeps growing. What they're dealing with now is that the growth has attracted parasites and bottom feeders, and some of them are quite dangerous, and others are just silver tongued cheats.

Thais don't really care about liars and thieves, but the expanding drug problem and crime (random or organized) gives them pause. And, correction on myself, they do care about liars and thieves. The ones who come in and feed off their country with no obvious benefit to them.

And if you think Thailand's immigration laws are nonsensical and confusing you'll be blown away by the INA of the US. If you think there are good reasons to circumvent Thailand's immigration laws for their lack of logic then you'll be drowning in reasons after trying to understand the US's policies.

That reads like an '' I'm all right Jack '' post ' :rolleyes:.

wait and see what happens after April 1'st when they start charging for visa's again. They are probably just trying to stack people up so when they start charging they will have a windfall.

For now no problem for doubles thru an agent +fee in Cambodia and I have heard also in VTE from the right agent. I will be there later this week with a fresh passport but will ask around and post back.

Tourist visas are for tourists. If you are obviously not a tourist, you don't qualify. Same as anywhere else. What's so hard to understand?

There is no point arguing with people like this case above. They are simply law book moralists. If the law said, arrest all left-handed people and bring them to the police, they would happily obey, they would form citizen police group even, without thinking twice.

Because it is the LAW and the LAW is everything. It is the way they feel superior to anybody else, especially to those criticizing or having troubles fulfilling whatever stupid things the LAW requires.

Edited by tim73

I wonder if the same people who obviously think it is their birthright to live in Thailand forever on their own terms are the same ones who constantly bemoan the influx of immigrants to their home countries.

My thoughts exactly.

Do not confuse 'immigration' with 'migration'. Immigration is a formal process that involves immigration law and government involvement.

It is the 'migration' of people across borders without formal immigration proceedings (aka human trafficing) that is irritating people. It is especially irritating when these 'migrants' and their agents are carrying drugs and AK-47s. It is also irritating to see individuals confusing the two terms either out of ignorance or the desire to mask the real situation.

It really is amazing how threads like this attract the masses.

At the moment, some 400 people attracted to this thread like moths to a flame, seemingly as soon as the words "visa run", "crackdown" and "double entry" appears. Funny thing is there has been NO official statement or even any hint of such a "crackdown" announced by immigration. In effect the rules remain the same today as they did 1 week, 1 month ago...whatever...

No SOLID law or rules whereby people know where they stand. This is the root of the problem...Most countries make laws that have to be enforced to EVERYONE, EVERYTIME. Sadly, it will never happen here.

It is entertaining though, how the same characters appear.

On one side, the "tourists"

On the other side the "som num na" police, bemoaning anyone who has LEGALLY used tourist visas, that have (after all) been LEGALLY given to them in the past.

From the general posting style of the average "tourist", it could be said that they at least have some degree of freedom left them.

From the bitterness of the usual som num na police however, it seems they might be the ones who have "invested" in marriage heavily, have got in WAY to deep financially, CANNOT leave, and at the mercy of a thai lady.

Some probably have nothing to go home to, or finances to do so, even though they would probably like to leave. I feel sorry for such people

Yeah, so what? The guy chose a criminal to shack up with. Same thing could have happened with a condo registered entirely in his name alone.

By your own admission you admit that the same could happen even if you don't shack up with a criminal?

The "criminal" was his wife of many years, whom had beared his kids.

She was, at some stage, a normal, loving thai wife...then she became a criminal when the opportunity arose.

A lesson to us all not to get involved in property here IMO

... under 50, have money, do not need to work (especially in Thailand), are not married nor have a child with a Thai ... Any policy that would prevent (my) unlimited stay in Thailand is just plain retarded Thai style decision making without thinking ... Maybe the policy has been thought out and decided upon quite deliberately.

cheesy.gifwelcomeani.gif NOT !!