Singapore Hotels

chiang mai

I'm leaving for Singapore on Wednesday for a few days to sort out some medical stuff and wonder if anyone has any up to date hotel recommendations, decent but not too expensive.

I'm going to be spending my day time at National University Hospital, which is South West of the centre, but will happily take recommendations for any that allow half way decent access. Thanks in advance

I'm not necessarily after budget hotels, just ones that are decent, sensibly and reasonably priced and as I wrote, I'll happily take recommendations for ones more central than NUH.

Try this chain of small compact hotels and the one I stayed in China town was fine...small room but clean and modern facilities

http://www.hotel81.com.sg/

best of luck :jap:

There is a budget hotel call Fragrance Hotel Ocean View is at Pasir Panjang Road. It's situated at the west coast which somehow the same area as NUH. You can check the website. it's about S$107/night (around 2461 baht/night).

I spotted this one on the web except the reviews on Tripadvisor and similar are quite poor, I think I may just wait and book something from the airport in Singapore. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for those tips, I'll do some checking. Also, does anyone know whether it's better to exchange Baht into SGD in Thailand or Singapore?

Better to buy S$ in Bangkok.

Thanks, I figured this one out myself when I was at the bank yesterday, not a bad rate at all in Thailand on SGD.

I was there 2 weeks ago and paid S$185 at the Ibis on Bencollen street. nice small room, good free internet, easy access near Little INdai for great food.

Note they had the smallest frig i have ever seen in a hotel, barely held 4 cokes cans!!!

Saw single rooms in Little india starting at S$45/night, dorms from S$18!!

Make sure u check out Resort international on Sentosa Aamzing!

exchange rate in sing to the $ was 1.28

Edited by phuketrichard

I was there 2 weeks ago and paid S$185 at the Ibis on Bencollen street. nice small room, good free internet, easy access near Little INdai for great food.

Note they had the smallest frig i have ever seen in a hotel, barely held 4 cokes cans!!!

Thanks, IBIS would probably suit, I'll take a look. 28 you say, phew, I got 24 here in Phuket yesterday.

I just booked IBIS, stay 2 nights and get one free, works out to be SGD 135 a night.Thanks for reminding me of that one, I'm grateful.

I just booked IBIS, stay 2 nights and get one free, works out to be SGD 135 a night.Thanks for reminding me of that one, I'm grateful.

You are gratefull?

I am very amused by this - Ibis is rip-off!read phuketrichard's post.

From IBIS you can see YMCA on 1Orchard Rd.,for the same money you have swimming pool on the roof.

Good wi-fi you will get in any Singapore guest house,you do not need to pay 180S$ for that,18S$ is enough,

and wi-fi is free almost anywhere you go,even in some public buses.

If you want to splash and pay - stay with class:HolidayInnParkView is perfect.

You are gratefull?

I am very amused by this - Ibis is rip-off!read phuketrichard's post.

From IBIS you can see YMCA on 1Orchard Rd.,for the same money you have swimming pool on the roof.

Good wi-fi you will get in any Singapore guest house,you do not need to pay 180S$ for that,18S$ is enough,

and wi-fi is free almost anywhere you go,even in some public buses.

If you want to splash and pay - stay with class:HolidayInnParkView is perfect.

Well, having been and now come back, all I can say is that the IBIS was a good choice for me personally. Clean, quite new, excellent service and a convenient location. Sure the rooms are not huge but they are adequate and the beds comfortable. Bus service outside the hotel and lots of eatereies within walking distance - as we left the walkin rate had climbed to SGD 238 (weekend)so we think we got good value for money and had a pleasant stay which we would easily repeat.

how did ya like that frig?? LOL

It's cute, I knew what it was immediately from your description, Mrs CM wouldn't believe me! As an aside, one of the things I really liked was the combination body soap/shampoo made from natural products and fully biodegradable, I'm not normally into that sort of thing but it's a great product.