New Bmw X3 (F25) - Arrive In Thai When?

mortenaa

No word on an official launch, but it's been available in the gray market for some time, so the short answer is you can buy it now :)

Hehe, that's of course totally out of the question. I want locally built (lower taxes) and with 5 years BSI :)

No word on an official launch, but it's been available in the gray market for some time, so the short answer is you can buy it now :)

Hehe, that's of course totally out of the question. I want locally built (lower taxes) and with 5 years BSI :)

The Thai gray market wouldn't usually be short-sighted enough to start supporting a model that has an imminent offical release, so that would suggest it's either some time away, or will be coming into TH in CBU form, so subject to full import duties (in which case the gray market will remain competitive). As noted, no word at all from BMW TH (but plenty of info on other upcoming models), and no word on the USA plant producing any CKD kits as yet either (which would be req'd for Thai assembly).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I don't think they greymarket imports cars in high numbers anyway, so if they can keep selling cars for one year, before BMW Thailand will start selling, they will do it.

But I just got confirmation now that the X3 will arrive in August or September. Its going to be CKD's. The price is not finalized yet, but it will be limited edition fully spec'ed. Below 4 mill. They also said that they might fly in one for the motor show. They also said there will be no CBU's coming from BMW before that, as they price would not be competitive, and there is limited supplies available.

The X1 will also arrive as CKD within this month. In the lower 2 mill price range :)

Edited by mortenaa