Any Deals On Flights To Uk At The Moment?

davejonesbkk

Have you tried promotional codes also? IFyou have the time, Google for them and you may get a pleasant surprise. For example ( not what you are looking for) there is a promotion code for Emirates LON - BKK that can get 10% off in 47% of bookings. Though not all are great LOL.

On the other hand, Kelkoo & Kayak both let you add your e-mail to be told of price changes. Both give different sets of prices.

Or try here for a whole month of prices for many airlines - or a whole year too if you desire. just remember to check the indirects box too when the month is shown. ( don't be put off by the name of ryanair in the link !! )

http://www.netflightbookers.com/cheap-ryanair-sale-flights.htm?OVRAW=Airline&OVKEY=airline&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=53227793531&OVKWID=341004758531&OVCAMPGID=861834031&OVADGRPID=21462176419

Try Kingfisher Airways, they seem to be the cheapest at the moment. Also Jet Airways often have deals. Oman Air but their reviews are not the best. And if you dont mind a few stops a friendly Thai travel agent will sort you out with flights with Vietnam Air, they are a partner of Air France. Brand new planes, but u do have to fly to Vietnam then on to France before getting to the UK, and the stop over in Vietnam might be a bit long (up to 8 hours).

Also take a look at Air Asia, they have all sorts of deals going on all the time.

The ita site is pretty good website for checking available fares http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ it's not a travel agent and you cannot book through them, but what they give you are the various options available for your desired route as well as the fare breakdown, you then take that info to your agent who, hopefully, will be able to book it for you.

Egypt Air are the cheapest at the moment.

Booked myself a few weeks ago for May/June £550 return.

Thought it was a pretty good price at the time, not looking such a good idea now though.

Hopefully all will be well by then.

If you fancy it looked yesterday and the price has now dropped to £525

Prices often depend on whether or not you will tolerate a stopover. Best I came across recently was Air Asia - BKK to KL, KL to Stansted.

The only issue with them is that the initial price they quote does not include luggage, in flight meals, etc. So just watch out for 'extras' making the original price start to rise if you want them. Still came out cheapest in my case.

Andy

Yeah I bet Egypt air are cheap at the moment, lol

They are indeed, last month I paid B27,080 for BKK-LHR-BKK end-April/mid-May, and it was B25,040 (since raised) for a specific date each-way in mid-June/late-July, which I grabbed as a real-bargain for my wife/kids. This was (then) B5-6k cheaper than Jet/Kingfisher, who admittedly have much-more-generous hold-baggage allowances, and B10k cheaper than Emirates/Etihad. I don't bother even looking at Thai these days ! B)

Would it be better to get a one way ticket to the UK and then buy a one way ticket in the Uk for coming home? From what I can tell there are MUCH better deals when buying UK-BKK....anyone ever tried this?

Unfortunately you would get then clobbered for the hefty UK-Departure-Tax, on the return-journey, which is one reason why BKK-UK one-way looks cheap. :(

Would it be better to get a one way ticket to the UK and then buy a one way ticket in the Uk for coming home? From what I can tell there are MUCH better deals when buying UK-BKK....anyone ever tried this?

I have looked at this option and have found that whilst buying a return ticket from the UK is usually cheaper buying single tickets would be expensive, buying two singles would cost more that a return from BKK.

You probably would save money if you purchased a single from BKK and then were able to plan your journeys ahead so you could buy all your return tickets from the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Jet Airways offering BKK-LHR-BKK one-way from B15,700 & return from B24,950, for bookings made by March 10th (including-tax). My dates end-April/mid-May gave about B30k.

This doesn't look too bad especially with their generous hold-luggage allowance of 35kgs (hold) plus 7kgs (carry-on). B)