Package In Thai Post - Customs Fees

thai thai

Last Time I ordered a book from Amazon (about 9 years ago), it was intercepted by Thai Customs, and the additional fee(s) came to 120% of the value of the book I ordered...BASTARDS!

It came via Fed Ex (also BASTARDS), but I have heard of some who have had periodic success using just the regular post. My desire is to have a watch sent to me (in a small package via post/EMS) from abroad.

Is this a good idea, or is it a roll of the dice, or am I just plain destined to be screwed again by the wonderful local authority...?

Get them to send it marked

'FOR REPAIR... TO BE RETURNED'

and of course a return address for credibility purposes. You will be amazed at the amount of things i got through duty free, by using this tactic.

If the watch is battery powered, get them to turn the battery upside down to disable it, if it is hand-wound it will probably be run .down by the time it gets here.

Get them to send it marked

'FOR REPAIR... TO BE RETURNED'

and of course a return address for credibility purposes. You will be amazed at the amount of things i got through duty free, by using this tactic.

If the watch is battery powered, get them to turn the battery upside down to disable it, if it is hand-wound it will probably be run .down by the time it gets here.

Sounds like good advice...!

BASTARDS!

Edited by thai thai