I Got My Non B At Kl - No Problems!

Jsut got my Non-B. It is the first one I have gotten and I had no problems at all.

I queued up monday morning at 9, filled in the application form then handed it in with all my documents. I gave them a letter of contract, one photo (but had more just in case), and copies of all the company documents (and I mean ALL OF THEM) and a copy of my passport.

Went back today and was given a single entry non b, valid for 90 days. I am very relieved after reading about Penang but can highly recommend coming to KL to get your non B. Great city too, much more shops than BKK and many things are cheaper (except beer). I stayed/am staying in Bhuket Bintang, near all the shops and close to Times Square. Loads of hotels rtanging form 500 baht to 5000. Mine is 1500 and my company has paid for it and the flight so am out on a bender tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful with the Guinness though as it is 8%!!!!!!!!!

Jsut got my Non-B. It is the first one I have gotten and I had no problems at all.

I queued up monday morning at 9, filled in the application form then handed it in with all my documents. I gave them a letter of contract, one photo (but had more just in case), and copies of all the company documents (and I mean ALL OF THEM) and a copy of my passport.

Good on ya jimbob, but it would be only natural that you got a B visa seeing as though you had all the documents. Nothing to do with where you obtained the visa. Maybe your company knew of the recent changes and knew what extra details were required, unknown to yourself.

Maybe you weren't aware, but only up until last month you only required a single document (letter from your employer) to get a B visa, nothing more.

The problem for many was that their employers didnt know that now (as of August 15th) you require a 2nd document (WP3 form), so people, like myself, went all the way to Penang to be told that we couldn't get a B visa without the extra paperwork. Not only was it very inconveinient and I now must return to Penang ( at my own expense, you lucky thing), and I am also currently working (technically) illegally on a tourist visa until I get my B visa again.

nice day folks!

Good on ya jimbob, but it would be only natural that you got a B visa seeing as though you had all the documents. Nothing to do with where you obtained the visa. Maybe your company knew of the recent changes and knew what extra details were required, unknown to yourself.

Maybe you weren't aware, but only up until last month you only required a single document (letter from your employer) to get a B visa, nothing more.

The problem for many was that their employers didnt know that now (as of August 15th) you require a 2nd document (WP3 form), so people, like myself, went all the way to Penang to be told that we couldn't get a B visa without the extra paperwork. Not only was it very inconveinient and I now must return to Penang ( at my own expense, you lucky thing), and I am also currently working (technically) illegally on a tourist visa until I get my B visa again.

nice day folks!

Yeh I am not too sure what all the documents were as they wer in Thai. The day has started well but now I cannot get nay money out of the bank so am stuck eating noodles tonight instead of steak.

And as for beer :o

Luckily I paid the hotel bill in advance.