Dreambox Installation

ManOnTheRoad

Hi

I am planning to install Dreambox at my apartment, the problem is we cant install and drill the Sattelite dish at our condo balcony the management do not allowed it. So the tech guy who is offering us the dream box told me that they can get me a picnic satellite which can be stand on the floor of our balcony .

Anyone got any idea what kind of picnic satellite is he talking about ?

It is a small dish that has a folding stand. Each legs has a level indicator on it. Just unfold it level it and rotate and elevate. Has rubber feet and can be placed on the roof of your car etc. Dtv has them in there shops and I have seen them at home pro here they were about 3200 baht for the system vs 2900 for the standard. he may put a different size dish on it but that is what it amounts to.

Has he checked that there is line of sight from your balcony?

I would try and get the dish screwed down in some way, or you will be for ever

having to realign it if someone knocks it, to the maid cleands round.

Whilst on the subject of Dream boxes my picture seams to be seizing up a lot lately. Maybe some of you guys who are knowledgeable with this system could give me an explanation as to why this occurs.

Thanks.

Poor Internet connection.

Telephone plugged into internet side of splitter.

Whilst on the subject of Dream boxes my picture seams to be seizing up a lot lately. Maybe some of you guys who are knowledgeable with this system could give me an explanation as to why this occurs.

Thanks.

Was told years ago to unplug the DM box for 2 mins when this happens, something to do with static build up...

The DM box CPU get hot..... There are topics on the web about fitting a fan to the DM box CPU.... mostly found that unplugging works for me.

Also find I need to switch off the Internet Router sometimes, appear to reset something and both DM boxes and PC run faster/better after.

Maybe help ?

Thanks.

Was told years ago to unplug the DM box for 2 mins when this happens, something to do with static build up...

The DM box CPU get hot..... There are topics on the web about fitting a fan to the DM box CPU.... mostly found that unplugging works for me.

Also find I need to switch off the Internet Router sometimes, appear to reset something and both DM boxes and PC run faster/better after.

Maybe help ?

Thanks I'll try that.

Thanks.

Maybe help ?

When that happens i unplug it and wait for 5 mins before plugin it again

Has he checked that there is line of sight from your balcony?

I would try and get the dish screwed down in some way, or you will be for ever

having to realign it if someone knocks it, to the maid cleands round.

img00543201102061322.jpg

My Balcony

It would seem like you could clamp the dish support to that railing somehow whithout drilling holes in the balcony or railing itself.

Another friend of mine told me that there is a Dreambox for Cable which i do not need to install the satellite dish, Because our condo have a UBC satellite dish already on the buiding rooftop is this correct ?

My corrent Dreambox are

DM500S (For Dish )

Recomended

DM500C (Cable)