Nice House For 7-10 Days?

Very sorry if there's already a thread that would address my needs if I am posting this in the wrong place. If not please take a moment to read further...

I've been here a long time but as a resident, I don't have a lot of knowledge of tourism of the variety that I'm looking for:

Mom mother is coming to visit but has been here over a dozen times. She comes only to spend time with her grandkids (and their parents too, I suppose), therefore when it comes to where the house is, it really only matters whether we can get to it without using up a lot of what is a limited visit. (Sure beach-side in some tropical paradise would be nice but that's not a priority and probably not in the budget. Really, anywhere within a few hours of BKK would do...).

Here's what would be ideal ("ideal" -- doesn't mean I'd not settle for less):

3 bedrooms

2 - 3 bathrooms

2 TVs (1 in living room and 1 in the master bedroom)

Satellite or Cable

Kitchen with: oven, cooker, microwave

Swimming Pool (private)

Not too far from supermarket

Situated near a beach (to which we could either walk or easily find transport)

Available for 10 days

What we'd settle for:

2 Bedrooms (as long as we could squeeze 2 adults and 2 small kids in one -- even on a futon etc)

2 Bathrooms

1 TV

Satellite or cable

Kitchen with cooker and microwave

Swimming pool (communal)

Available transport (tuk tuk etc) to supermarket

Available 7 days

While the ideal that described may seem out of the question,it's not at all far from what I've had previously and I've seen such things advertised. Last year we found a beautiful house in Hua Hin. Rather far from the beach and town but great price and really, really nice. However, it had only one TV (in the living room) and that had neither cable, satellite or even Thai TV -- it was only for DVDs. Personally, I can do without a a TV for 10 days but my step-dad can't and despite the wonderful house, he wasn't real pleased last time. I've found some very nice places advertised but got no reply to my inquiries.Nonetheless I'd be very pleased to find something somewhere between the 2 descriptions.

Please help if you have a house for rent, know someone who does, or know where I might find one. It would be greatly appreciated and I might even be able to return the favor somehow.

EDIT TO ADD: Obviously either a reply in the thread or a PM would be fine.

Edited by SteeleJoe

No problem here is a tip!

There are some houses for rent on Sattahip military base with 3-4 bedrooms and very big garden they are direct next to the beach there.

Rent for between 500-1000 Baht per night with 3-4 bedrooms I think with TV although not cable.

The area is very quite but if you enjoy the sea or fishing, barbecue in the garden (quite holiday) they are great deal!!

I don't have contact number but I think this is the location.

http://maps.google.c...004646&t=h&z=18

There are some houses for rent on Sattahip military base with 3-4 bedrooms and very big garden they are direct next to the beach there.

Rent for between 500-1000 Baht per night with 3-4 bedrooms I think with TV although not cable.

The area is very quite but if you enjoy the sea or fishing, barbecue in the garden (quite holiday) they are great deal!!

Well...thanks for the tip. Unfortuantely, tI'm not interested in trying to target an airstrike , I'm trying to rent one -- and though those are lovely roofs they aren't quite enough to make we want to drive down there and wander aroud trying to find out which ones are for rent...well, thanks anyway!

biggrin.gif

I'd be interested to know more about this if anyone as extra information to post. A telephone number would definitely help. Please do share.