Tourist Visa For Usa

I'd like to help get my wife, sorry girl friend only done the Buddhist wedding, a visa to visit the USA for a family wedding.

I am British and will probably be working in the US on a business visa at the time of the wedding.

Would be hard for me to prove I can support her in the US as my wages are paid in a tax efficient way that makes it look like I earn very little.

Wife is Thai, a housewife who receives a regular allowance of 30,000 baht paid into her bank.

She has no large sum of money in the bank.

She has some land/house in her name all of which was transferred to her name recently.

My sister and her husband both UK citizens living in the States with green cards. Their daughter is to be married in Las Vegas.

A house in/near Vegas has been rented for the wedding and she will stay in my sisters home for the rest of the visit which should last 3 weeks.

She will enter the US on the same flight as either my mother and father.

She has photographic evidence of our "wedding" and the holiday that followed with the whole of the family and holidays with my mother and father since then.

Christmas cards from the family have been kept and she has a wedding invite.

Her passport has evidence of previous travel abroad but only in SE Asia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia x3

I have sent her my old passport which has 30 plus Thai entry stamps and stamps that match her visits abroad.

The wedding is late May.

What chance has she of getting a tourist visa?

Would it be better if we used an agent to help get the visa.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Well, you should check the Visa application section on the US embassy website to get all the necessary paperwork going. I or I should say my Thai wife is going for her Tourist visa app in March for a April US visit. The application is pretty straightforward and all done online. I suggest you get going asap as for us it took almost two months to get an open appointment date for her interview. It is the interview that your wife will go to solo without you that will be the deal maker or breaker. The US is determined to keep immigrants out..in other words proof of coming back is important(RT air ticket in her name). A job to come back too would be nice but you don't have that...ummmm the land is good, you working in the US may not be helpful or relevant but someone else may chime in with better experience. Again the website details what documents your wife should bring with her to the interview. I don't know about the visa service companys but seems like why should you need one if your intent is above board there really should not be a problem. Again time is ticking though best to get going on the application process-good luck!

You'll have to supply evidence as to why she will leave the US and return to Thailand. A house in her name, a good long term job history would certainly help. Owning land itself really isn't a reason to return to Thailand and no job certainly won't help. Photos and other evidence of your marriage will not play a part in the embassy's decision. As poster above this stated, get started now as the queue is quite long.