Siam Commercial Bank

I just opened a new account with Siam Commercial Bank and got the ATM card with the Mastercard logo. I already signed up for online banking and received a password/login, so all that is done. However, the expiration date on the ATM card is weird. Instead of being Month/Year, it reads 12/10-12/20. I've been trying to figure out what it means (no luck). The people at the bank spoke very little English so I couldn't get the question through. All they could tell me is "card good 10 years," which sort of makes sense but at the same time it doesn't.

So my question is... Can I use the card to make payments or hotel reservations online? If so, what's the expiration date on the card? I also have a Kasikorn account and there I had to ask for a special card number for online payments. What about Siam?

Oh dificult that Der 31/12/2010 to 31/12/2020 you should be able to use it to buy anything on line or anywhere else for that matter ...have a nice day

Is that really the date? I opened the account last week (February) and they gave me a card that started "running" in December?

Thanks for the info, though.

Unfortunately for you, you won't be able to make payments online at all with your card. You'll find that it's an ATM card only. Unless your card has raised numerals for the 16 numbers.

The numbers are "slightly" raised. As in, I can feel them. Not as raised as you see on cards in Europe or the US, though, so I'm not sure what that means. It has a Mastercard logo and I know I can use it to pay in shops (as well as in ATMs). I opened this account in the hopes that I could use the card to make online payments, so I'll be really upset if it turns out I can't. I don't want to use my Kasikorn account to make payments (long story) so this was my way of dealing with the issue.

ETA: Never mind. I just called the help center and they told the same thing: can't be used online. Crap. I'll try Bangkok Bank next, I guess.

Edited by blyish

Unfortunately for you, you won't be able to make payments online at all with your card. You'll find that it's an ATM card only. Unless your card has raised numerals for the 16 numbers.

The numbers are "slightly" raised. As in, I can feel them. Not as raised as you see on cards in Europe or the US, though, so I'm not sure what that means. It has a Mastercard logo and I know I can use it to pay in shops (as well as in ATMs). I opened this account in the hopes that I could use the card to make online payments, so I'll be really upset if it turns out I can't. I don't want to use my Kasikorn account to make payments (long story) so this was my way of dealing with the issue.

ETA: Never mind. I just called the help center and they told the same thing: can't be used online. Crap. I'll try Bangkok Bank next, I guess.

Dont know why you wont use kasikorn but the other Alternative is Bangkok Bank Be1st Card, this can be used online no problem, it is a DEBIT card.:)

Make sure you get the right card as the standard one is just an ATM. The Be !st has a chip in it and higher daily limits for usage. Beware though that the Be 1st cannot be used in ALL ATM machines of BKK Bank only those displaying the Be 1st logo which has never proved a problem but thought I'd mention it.

Edited by CharlieH