Why Pattaya'S Coppers Should Go And Raid Bangkok

PattayaOneTeam

GAYMARCH

Email: gaymarchpattayaone [at] gmail.com

Scores of police, from several different agencies, recently descended on Sunee Plaza's dens of iniquity. Apparently, they put on quite a show, blocking off the entrances/exits to the sois and setting up pee test stations in the various bars. Those few unfortunates who didn't get advanced warning and tested positive were carted off. Glad to see that our boys in brown are keeping us safe. I'm also happy that they're not singling out gay entertainment districts as there was a similar spectacle on Soi 6 a day or so before this one. One question: If Bangkok-based police can raid Pattaya's boy bars, why can't Pattaya police do the same for the bars on Soi Pratuchai (aka Twilight) in Bangkok, whose shows are much bolder than Pattaya's?

Hold on to your towels: Ganymede, in Jomtien Complex, was recently packed with punters and balloon chasers (me included) who were attending a party in honour of the official opening of their new karaoke bar, Spilia and their new gay sauna, Thermae. There was a delicious buffet with beef, pork, chicken and Thai food, as well as the obligatory roast pig. They even had complimentary red and white wine. Lots of boys were on hand to make sure everyone was well fed and not thirsty. In addition to the main karaoke lounge, Spilia has three private rooms for your special occasions; or, as in my case, for those crooners who would be too embarrassed to sing in public. In keeping with Ganymede's Greek theme, Spilia means 'the cave' in Greek. As of press time, the new sauna was up and running. It features an indoor pool, wet and dry saunas, massage rooms and 'relaxing' areas. Thermae will also have eight guest rooms upstairs. In addition, the Ganymede management will be opening a new executive-class guest residence next door.

All of Me is the new name of the former Wunderbar host and beer joint in Sunee Plaza. It's under the new management of two young, Thai men, Tom and Boy; and their American backers, Keith and Gary. They seem like a friendly and accommodating group and we wish them the best of luck.

I recently stopped into Eros Boy Bar, at the end of Sunee Plaza next to the Marina Inn. It's a large venue with a big go-go stage in the center. There are lots of dark corners where you can sit with a young man and explore. I didn't see too many customers; but they might have been lurking in the hidden recesses. Let's just say what happens at Eros stays at Eros. By the way, alcoholic drinks were only 99 baht. Eros is under the same management as Happy Boys Bar on Soi Yensabai, which has an upstairs 'lounge,' where you can get to know your new friend more intimately.

To read the rest of this article download the PDF here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/download/666-pattaya-one-issue-9/

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-10