No Nba Or Star Or Espn This Year?

Does anyone know if these channels will be showing games later in the season. Last year IIRC, they started showing games in the 2nd half of the regular season and then all of the playoffs, while this years there has been nothing. I don't get the truevisison magazine so I have no idea if they will at some point start to show the NBA. As it is now, I get weak replays and outdated sports shows. Come on, bowling world, planet speed and asian beach games replay sure doesn't cut it!

There is a NBA HD satellite channel on the Measat 3 C Band Satellite over our heads here in Thailand that started back in DEC10, but after a long time of being free to view, it recently went encrypted.

At least for the present, ASN has no broadcast rights for either the NBA or MLB....hence.... dead air for professional basketball and baseball there.

The NBA has free audio streaming of all games for people who register on their web site.... Their international video league pass is a bit expensive compared to the NFL's Game Rewind package... But they have in the past, I believe, offered a playoffs only package.

At least for the present, ASN has no broadcast rights for either the NBA or MLB....hence.... dead air for professional basketball and baseball there.

The NBA has free audio streaming of all games for people who register on their web site.... Their international video league pass is a bit expensive compared to the NFL's Game Rewind package... But they have in the past, I believe, offered a playoffs only package.

MLB is shown on ESPN in Thailand. They have the rights.

Yes, although last I saw, ESPN's broadcast MLB games here seemed to all be via something called like the YES network, which seemed to focus on Yankees games....

My comment above was on ASN...not on what may or may not air on ESPN or STAR...

All in all, what's available here on cable TV via True now is pretty decent for the NFL via ASN, but is pretty crappy and sporadic re everything else.

BTW, here's the latest info I've seen on the NBA International League Pass video...

post-53787-0-05140000-1297738214_thumb.j

Yes, although last I saw, ESPN's broadcast MLB games here seemed to all be via something called like the YES network, which seemed to focus on Yankees games....

My comment above was on ASN...not on what may or may not air on ESPN or STAR...

All in all, what's available here on cable TV via True now is pretty decent for the NFL via ASN, but is pretty crappy and sporadic re everything else.

BTW, here's the latest info I've seen on the NBA International League Pass video...

post-53787-0-05140000-1297738214_thumb.j

You are the one that mentioned MLB....:whistling:

I have it on good word that the NBA is in final stages of signing a TV deal with Truevisions and there should be alot of NBA on TV starting in a month or so. Also have good source the NBA will be doing their first ever EVENT here in May,...IO think it will be a legends game or something, will be held on the Plaza of Central World and will run as a joint promo with something from Chelsea EPL....

In the meantime...HOME RUN, Sukhumvit Soi 31 has NBA. Tomorrow morning (FRI 18th) there is a GREAT game on at 8:00 AM....Derrick Rose and his upstart Chicago Bulls take on Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs who have the best record in the NBA. As it is a holiday we will open early, serve some great brekkies and show the game.

Check out our face book fan page for details http://www.facebook.com/pages/Home-Run-Bar-Grill-Bangkok/107675352627100

Might be time to buy the nba league pass international. https://ilp.nba.com/...re/registerform

That's so weak of ASN/ESPN/Star to not spend a bit of cash to show the games.

They would of loved to but the NBA has made a strategic decision to move away from regional carriers such as ASN and ESPN and do direct deals country to country....I have good source, (VP OF NBA) that a deal for Thailand is almost signed sealed and delivered!

Hmm.... I was seriously considering down-grading my True package even further to drop ASN and save some money for the coming months, since the only thing on ASN in their current schedule that I'm interested in is NFL football, and that's finished now for the year (and maybe longer).

But if the NBA were going to end up on TrueVisions, I doubt it would be on ASN based on what you've said, because they're not a single country provider, but rather, a regional multi-country one. So that would seem to suggest the NBA, if it comes, would end up on one of the True Sports channels (one of True's own channels), as opposed to ESPN, ASN or Star Sports, which are all regional.

True has something like 8 or 9 of its own sports channels now, all showing for the most part, from an American's perspective, JUNK.... I wonder where the NBA would land???

True has something like 8 or 9 of its own sports channels now, all showing for the most part, from an American's perspective, JUNK.... I wonder where the NBA would land???

Correctomundo....end of the day True committed to many sports stations. That is alot of content to fill...the NBA will be on one of the True Sports Channels. Probably become that channels anchor.

While I agree on the sporadic part, I really do enjoy NHL on ASN, and golf on the Golf Channel. When you think back, two years ago we didn't have either channel and then it was really crappy (and sporadic).

I have it on good word that the NBA is in final stages of signing a TV deal with Truevisions and there should be alot of NBA on TV starting in a month or so. Also have good source the NBA will be doing their first ever EVENT here in May,...IO think it will be a legends game or something, will be held on the Plaza of Central World and will run as a joint promo with something from Chelsea EPL....

In the meantime...HOME RUN, Sukhumvit Soi 31 has NBA. Tomorrow morning (FRI 18th) there is a GREAT game on at 8:00 AM....Derrick Rose and his upstart Chicago Bulls take on Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs who have the best record in the NBA. As it is a holiday we will open early, serve some great brekkies and show the game.

Check out our face book fan page for details http://www.facebook.com/pages/Home-Run-Bar-Grill-Bangkok/107675352627100

Hopefully they get both video and audio feeds, tried to watch the finals last year in Thai and it was horrible. Two thai guys that don't have clue about basketball trying to commentate a NBA Finals game was a joke!!

Funny, I didn't see any reference from you above to the USTV Now or my.p2p.eu links that I just offered....

As for the NBA on TrueVisions itself, I think it's pretty safe to assume there remains no new news....as yet.

Funny,I've already stated (see my above posts) what you are saying, I'm asking about legit nba on truevision.

You're right jf, and thanks for that USTV alternative ( would be OK if I could watch it from my dish, not via the internet, BTW do you subscribe to it?), although I'm actually looking to watch the NBA from my local supplier, not via the internet. As I mentioned above, I'm tired of watching choppy feeds which need to buffer here at the crappy speeds we get in Phuket.

SP, I do have the free USTV Now subscription, which provides Flash streaming of the 6 major over the air networks... Their paid plans provide the broader package of basic cable type channels, including TNT and ESPN.

Here in BKK, it really depends on the time of day, with my current True 8 MB DSL plan. Watching regular TV series via USTV Now usually works fine... But you're right that when watching fast moving sports action, sometimes the streaming can stall or freeze, and it's probably more noticeable with basketball compared to football or baseball.

Actually, in general, I'd say I probably get better streaming quality from Stream Torrents compared to USTV Now for sports... But it's nice to have the option of both, and choose whichever one seems to be working best for a particular event/broadcast.

I've had the NBA League Pass in the past, and it streamed fairly well here, better than USTV Now for basketball, probably because the NBA feed is optimized for that. But, of course, the NBA package is pricey for the full year, and unfortunately doesn't even include the playoffs in the basic season package.

• 2 weeks later...

I too miss the NBA games, I didn't watch that many but it was nice to see a few.

I haven't seen any news from True re: adding NBA TV locally?

International presence

As of 2010, NBA TV coverage can be seen in 40 countries via the following partners:

•Hong Kong Cable (Hong Kong)

•now TV(Hong Kong)

•Orbit Satellite Television and Radio Network (Pan-Middle East)

•CanalSatellite (France)

•Basketball TV (Philippines)

•Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)

•NTV (Turkey)

•NTV Plus (Russia)

•Sport+ (Greece)

•Sportitalia (Italy)

•Cablevisión (Argentina)

•ZON Multimédia (Portugal)

•StarHub TV (Singapore)

•Broadcasts in Canada as a Canadian version of the channel, NBA TV Canada

A ton 'o College hoops on ASN and ESPN, league tournements begining in a few days.

OK, so who isn't enjoying watching the Miami Heat (3 Men and 12 scrubs) self-immolate? I would have loved to watch the Magic come back from 24 points and paste the Heat.

They have a grueling schedule coming up, albeit at home: Portland, Lakers, Grizzlies, Spurs, Thunder in ~ 8 days.

Erik Spoelstra's day seems numbered. Will Pat Riley come back to coaching?

(I do like Dwayne Wade.)

Edited by lomatopo

Miami extends its winless streak to 5, loses to Portland at home, 105-96.

The Blazers' bench outscored Miami's 41-8.

And it gets no easier for the Heat: The two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers, now winners of a league-high eight straight, come in on Thursday night.

Now that would be an interesting game to watch. Phil Jackson has been stirring the waters.

Miami extends its winless streak to 5, loses to Portland at home, 105-96.

The Blazers' bench outscored Miami's 41-8.

And it gets no easier for the Heat: The two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers, now winners of a league-high eight straight, come in on Thursday night.

Now that would be an interesting game to watch. Phil Jackson has been stirring the waters.

Been waiting for this game for since we got killed by the Heat, hopefully the Lakers can keep this streak going even though they always choke when it comes to big games like this.