Thai Teens Won't Lose Their Virginity On Valentine's Day: Poll

webfact

Most youths say Valentine's sex is out: poll

By The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_10960.jpg

A recent ABAC Poll survey found that 70.4 per cent of 1,256 youths interviewed in Bangkok and surrounding areas thought it wasn't necessary for them to have sex on Valentine's Day.

Around 60 per cent of the youths, aged 12 to 24, said they didn't regard the day as special.

Just over 70 per cent said they were virgins. Of those who had had sex before, 80.3 per cent were at risk of STDs because they didn't use or only sometimes used condoms, the poll said.

The respondents were also asked what advice they would give to a friend whose boyfriend or girlfriend had suggested they have sex.

Just over 36 per cent said they would advise the friend to wait until after marriage; 35.8 per cent would say it was OK but urge the use of protection; 18 per cent would say it was normal and a personal choice; 7 per cent would suggest their friend break up with their partner; and 4 per cent would suggest the friend refused sex and downgraded the relationship to friendship.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-11

Well it is nice to think that those Thai spinsters of tomorrow are less likely to be returned to their maker like the letter marked,

" Return to sender, address unknown, letter returned unopened." whistling.gif

In the majority of cases large colured grey pieces of paper adorned with magic numerals

( known as runes) and pictorial images in substantial quantities will suffice as the entrance qualifications.

Edited by siampolee

The Ass U have made this assumption so we should listen to the Ass U :whistling::lol::lol: as Valentine day in Thailand is very important and I never seen so much fuzz about it, lived in Lebanon, Sweden, The Netherlands but the Thais take the record about this day. Instead of spending money on this poll, they could educate the teenager 12-24!! about safe sex.

The only safe sex is to do it by yourself and fantasize... and its cheaper..!!! And living in Lebanon, Sweden and the Netherlands.. now Thailand .. will not make you an expert on Valentines day. St Valentines day is a Christian event, to celebrate the love and affection between two people.... its really quite a nice event, if you are in love.....:blink:

They might not have sex on Valentine's Day, but the rest of the year I know that most of the 12 - 18 years old in my area fuc_k like rabbits. I just came home late last night (3am) and saw one of the 14 year old girls coming home with her boyfriend, sleeping in the same hut and not with the parents. A 14-15 year old with a baby isn't something unusual here. Yes, and what is the legal age in Thailand to have sex?

I o remember reading a study done by Maxim magazine on which country is was easiest to find a one night stand.... And of the 50 countries polled Thailand ranked dead last. According to the 1000 girls they asked, only 8% had ever had a one night stand.... Amusing to say the least...

That makes sense, it's easy with prostitutes, not so easy with everyone else.

i went to university here, my friends and i used to hang out in RCA alot, and we always used to say it was like fishing with dinamite. Mostly middle-upper class girls.

Catholic university doing the polling has come up with stats that help enforce their own dogma. What did we expect?

Nothing about this poll should be relied on within the reasonable bounds of probability. Are there teenagers anywhere who would tell the truth if asked if they were likely to have sex next week? Come on: the girls will deny it and the boys will talk it up.

But it makes an amusing news story that's taken up quite a bit of time on this stream so far.

The Ass U have made this assumption so we should listen to the Ass U :whistling::lol::lol: as Valentine day in Thailand is very important and I never seen so much fuzz about it, lived in Lebanon, Sweden, The Netherlands but the Thais take the record about this day. Instead of spending money on this poll, they could educate the teenager 12-24!! about safe sex.

One of my favourite movie quotes, from The Long Kiss Goodnight:

Samuel L. Jackson's character: "Do not make an assumption, cause when you make an assumption, you make an ass outta you and umption!"

Needless to say, the NATION just goes ahead and reprints the report, without asking any of the most obvious questions (clearly everyone has by now noted that twelveteen, twenteen, twenteenone etc. are not real numbers).

In all probabilty the "interviews" were done on ABAC campus (and perhaps at home, with little sisters to account for the 12-17 bracket) to refute the persistent gossip of ABAC girls being "easy".

Just to think that the same methods and finesse will be used soon in real business (ABAC is a business college) would make me want to change my Baht into Kiip or Riel real soon.

Time for the World's encyclopedias to change the "Bangkok" entry to "A city full of virgins".

Another Nonesense poll..... & to think, its not even one of jingthing's, or is it? unsure.gif

Seems to be reasonable poll stats if you take into account the name of the university: "assumption". ;)

BANGKOK, 10 February 2011 (NNT) – The majority of Thai youth do not deem the Valentine’s Day as a day to engage in sexual intercourse and lose their virginity, according to a recent survey by Assumption University Research Center (ABAC Poll).

A survey made by Assumption University Research Center? Holy shit, who'd believe such a weird story? Is it possible that there's something wrong with the assumption???

I'd lost mine on a Valentine's day.................

Catholic university doing the polling has come up with stats that help enforce their own dogma. What did we expect?

Nothing about this poll should be relied on within the reasonable bounds of probability. Are there teenagers anywhere who would tell the truth if asked if they were likely to have sex next week? Come on: the girls will deny it and the boys will talk it up.

But it makes an amusing news story that's taken up quite a bit of time on this stream so far.

I do not agree with a 24 year old teenager. Oh wait, lots of foreigners are married to teenagers then. Oh my Buddha!

Less promiscuous then westerners?

Teenagers can be 23 :huh:

med_gallery_327_1086_20035.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 February 2011 (NNT) – The majority of Thai youth do not deem the Valentine’s Day as a day to engage in sexual intercourse and lose their virginity, according to a recent survey by Assumption University Research Center (ABAC Poll).

Wasn't that a famous song from Eagles?So I called up the Captain,

'Please bring me my wine'

He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'

And still those voices are calling from far away,

Wake you up in the middle of the night

Just to hear them say...

.one more reason not to send my kids to Assumption College. Brainwashing College.

By The Nation

A recent ABAC Poll survey found that 70.4 per cent of 1,256 youths interviewed in Bangkok and surrounding areas thought it wasn't necessary for them to have sex on Valentine's Day.

Around 60 per cent of the youths, aged 12 to 24, said they didn't regard the day as special.

Just over 70 per cent said they were virgins. Of those who had had sex before, 80.3 per cent were at risk of STDs because they didn't use or only sometimes used condoms, the poll said.

The respondents were also asked what advice they would give to a friend whose boyfriend or girlfriend had suggested they have sex.

Just over 36 per cent said they would advise the friend to wait until after marriage; 35.8 per cent would say it was OK but urge the use of protection; 18 per cent would say it was normal and a personal choice; 7 per cent would suggest their friend break up with their partner; and 4 per cent would suggest the friend refused sex and downgraded the relationship to friendship.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-11

"Don't forget the Kamasutra....."

True! They lost it already when they were 12, 13 or 14. It never amazes me how Thais are fooling themselves with useless polls. It is like the happiness polls after a important birthday. Someone phones you or comes up to you and ask you how happy you are after a birthday. If you say unhappy, you are in the dock because you do not like the boss. These polls are rubbish, the respondent tells the poller what he or she wants to hear.

The only safe sex is to do it by yourself and fantasize... and its cheaper..!!! And living in Lebanon, Sweden and the Netherlands.. now Thailand .. will not make you an expert on Valentines day. St Valentines day is a Christian event, to celebrate the love and affection between two people.... its really quite a nice event, if you are in love.....:blink:

Christian event...true and 90% of the Thai population are Christians? I am not expert on this issue but as I said, Valentine day is a big deal for Thais. Ask anyone who lived here for a while.

The survey was conducted with 1,256 teenagers aged from 12 to 24 years old

A bit of well-intentioned education for the researchers at the Assumption University Research Centre:

13: thirteen

14: fourteen

18: eighteen

19: nineteen

"teenagers" = people thirTEEN to nineTEEN.

Get it?

Great! Now go do the poll again.

Assumption University

Remember this is a Roman Catholic school under dictate of the Pope in Rome, having grownup in a Roman Catholic neighborhood in Holland, being the only none Roman Catholic, educated at a non religious school I always found my neighborhood kids lacking in General Knowledge. Seventy years on this still seems to be the case as this brings out again of the school hierarchy not having a clue what teenager pertains to. After Grammar school it was the same, I attended 3rd Technical non religious Technical Institute while my neighbor kid attended Don Bosco (Roman Catholic Technical Institute). We studied the same subjects (Automotive Maintenance Engineering, At graduation I was grabbed up by Ford while my neighbor kid with Don Bosco training received not a single offer of employment. The Problem with these Roman Catholic controlled schools is that ±20% of the education allotted time is spend on religion subjects.

The survey was conducted with 1,256 teenagers aged from 12 to 24 years old in Bangkok and vicinities.
Someone at AU is making assumptions with the definition of teen. :blink:

I wonder how many 12 year old teenagers took the poll? :blink:

The answers from the 20-24 year old teenagers could have also swayed the statistics. :ph34r:

:lol:

By The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-11

"Don't forget the Kamasutra....."

Or the whipped cream and chocolate covered cherries.. :lol:

Teens and sex on Valentine’s Day

BANGKOK, 12 February 2011 (NNT) – The Ministry of Public Health has raised concern over the tendency of Thai teenagers having sex on Valentine’s Day, saying that unprepared sex can lead to the unwanted pregnancy problem.

Deputy Public Health Minister Dr Phansiri Kullanartsiri cited a poll as showing that more teenagers attach importance to Valentine’s Day than people in other age groups.

According to the survey conducted via www.dekdee.com, 47.8% of Thai teens were found to give importance to Valentine’s Day while 12.6% of working people and 12.5% of married couples recognize the day.

42.58% of Thai teenagers under the survey said they would spend time with their loved ones on Valentine’s Day by watching good films, listening to music, having dinner and staying together.

Dr Phansiri stated that these activities could arouse teenagers to have sexual intercourses very easily for many reasons such as love, emotion, curiosity, satisfaction and mental immaturity. She then warned that having unprepared sex could lead to unwanted pregnancy among teenagers.

According to a survey by the Ministry of Public Health, teenagers tend to have first time sexual intercourse at lower age, from 15 to 17 years old. 61.3% of women doing abortion were below 25 years old and 29.9% were under 20 years old. 24.7% of them were students.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-02-12 footer_n.gif