Bar Girls Applying For Uk Visa?

How likely is a Thai bargirl to get a visitor visa to the uk if she is honest and gives her employment as being in a bar

The successful application for a visa is totally dependent on honesty.

You're having a laugh mate.

The successful application for a visa is totally dependent on telling them exactly what they want to hear. ;)

How likely is a Thai bargirl to get a visitor visa to the uk if she is honest and gives her employment as being in a bar

You're having a laugh mate.

The successful application for a visa is totally dependent on telling them exactly what they want to hear. ;)

It is usually advisable to not make light on the topics of visas.

Your second line is very true when not read as a flippant comment, criteria have to be met and if you can tick the right boxes, that is what they want to hear.

Lets Be honest , just lie like a lot of other people have, including some visa agents.

May work but if caught out it is a ten year ban.

I totally agree but We all know it goes on, being a visa agent is only away of staying in Thailand, they do not care about the welfare of any one just making money. So the get native and go Money number one. cynical I know but true.

At the risk of taking this thread where it shouldn't go, what gives you the right to make allegations like that ? How about substantiating your comment ? Also, I am a visa agent, and it is not the only way I can stay in Thailand. I am here on a marriage extension.

Perhaps, instead of the thread taking its usual turn to hurt feelings and all that stuff, how about we try this tack; What would you suggest and what has worked based upon your experience? You've no doubt seen a lot of these visa apps, and probably have seen alot that have been rejected. Sometimes, experience is a good pointer on the way to go.

I read this section of the forums because I get alot of pointers from people's experiences, so I'm sure there are many more like me that would benefit from your input.

Thanks, for your patience.

I. Tell the truth about the occupation but do not go into details other than serve drinks and talk to customers, anything extra is private and personal and of no concern to anyone else including the Embassy.

Does not sound very 'truthfull' to me to be a sex worker but to claim you only serve drinks and talk to customers. If the embassy do not make moral judgments, and it's best to tell the truth, how far would an applicant get if she told the embassy she had been working in X bar for five years selling her pussy? Nice to see the good old UK not discriminating against prostitutes anyway.

I am at a bit of a loss to understand why it is necessary to lie on the application. The key stumbling point is not likely to be whether someone works in a bar, lots of Thai's do.

The key issue is going to be reasons to return. Does the applicant have a secure job waiting to return to? Does the applicant have assets such as property that make it likely that an applicant is going to return. Family especially children are a reason to return but may not be considered enough on its own.

Don't lie, no need, just make sure the application 'ticks' the right boxes! If you lie and are found out a ten year ban is likely.

At the top of the visa and migration to other countries main page is a list of suggested documents etc to provide.

I agree that lying is not an option - she will hardly be able to produce the necessary letters saying that she works in a bank! Even bar owners are not going to put anything on paper that suggests they are also breaking the law. Of course she will be a waitress or whatever as there are I believe no such thing as bar prostitutes in Thailand! I had a hard time getting my partner here on his first visit. We went through an agent first who advised us (quite wrongly we later found out) to not mention our relationship and to apply for an educational visa for a summer school at the local university he would have done this if it had not been turned down - their reason for refusal was that they did not believe the ONLY purpose of coming to the UK was education and I have since learned they do not generally like mixed reasons. The second time we applied for him to come as a visitor we did it alone - I was able to get references from two business men in Thailand who knew us - but my partner had no job in Thailand(just part time study) no assets (lived at home with family and didnt even own a pushbike!

We argued the main reasons for him returning would be, family and friends and that he later wanted to apply for a partnership visa and knew that any overstay would jeopardise this

(I am sure it was the honesty of the second statement that got it approved) - we were able to state quite honestly that he had never worked in the sex industry but I am not sure much weight would have been given to an unsubstantiated statement. I also gave them pretty much my life history plus several references from people I know and work with and was able to prove that financially he would not need to work or seek any assistance during the visit. We were totally upfront about our relationship and provided pictoral evidence of us with family and friends in Thailand over 3 long visits there. We applied for a 6 week visit but of course he was given the standard 3 month visa but rather than stay longer than we had indicated he returned on the stated date and then came over for a second visit during the visas validity. This, I am sure, helped to establish reliability when applying for the Civil Partnership visa, subsequent 2 year visa and finally indefinite leave to remain - 5 years on and we are still together.

So it can be done without lawyers or agents but you know a lot depends on the particular case worker who picks up the application and that is a lottery - the main risk is that the case worker personally knows the bar concerned, and the type of business conducted there - but there is no way in the world that you can influence that. With British officials you cant do things the Thai way! My advice is give ten times more than they insist on in terms of evidence, organise it neatly in a file with numbered documents and a document summary - be honest but only to the point of expanding on what you need - unlike US visa applications there are no "morality" questions on the form.

The only thing you need to worry about is if she has at any time been convicted of a criminal offence - there is a question about this on the form and I imagine that could present an very large barrier unless it was something very minor like a traffic fine

good luck to you both

Have you ever noticed that rich people never have problems with visas, money is what counts most in any visa application, stress the money, bank accounts, properties or businesses, dress rich, act rich.

It is not just money that counts. However, it is a fact of life that the more money an applicant has, the easier it will be for them to meet the criteria; especially the maintenance and accommodation criteria. Plus, of course, if one is rich and successful in one's own country then one is less likely to overstay, work or break any of the other conditions of a visit visa in the UK.

Is this fair? As fair as the fact that a multi millionaire can afford a Bugatti Veron and I can't!

The successful application for a visa is totally dependent on telling them exactly what they want to hear.
Your second line is very true when not read as a flippant comment, criteria have to be met and if you can tick the right boxes, that is what they want to hear.

Indeed.

Whilst every application is judged on it's own merits, there are set criteria laid down in the immigration rules for each type of visa. The ECO's job is to decide whether or not, on the balance of probabilities, an application meets those criteria. What the ECO wants to hear (or read) is evidence to show that the criteria are met.

Of course, the applicant should answer each question honestly and fully (they sign a declaration to say that they have done so); but if a question is not asked then there is no need to answer it. Unless the applicant feels that the answer will help their application.

Perhaps, instead of the thread taking its usual turn to hurt feelings and all that stuff, how about we try this tack; What would you suggest and what has worked based upon your experience? You've no doubt seen a lot of these visa apps, and probably have seen alot that have been rejected. Sometimes, experience is a good pointer on the way to go.

I read this section of the forums because I get alot of pointers from people's experiences, so I'm sure there are many more like me that would benefit from your input.

Thanks, for your patience.

Each application is different, and must be looked at closely. In our office we have an honesty policy, and we have a poster on the wall declaring this. It states that any applicant who lies, distorts the truth, or provides fraudulent documentation risks being refused a visa, wasting their money, and also runs the risk of a possible ten year ban from applying for any further visa. This honesty policy includes full disclosure of the applicant's background as we need to assess the chances of being successful with an application. If the applicant worked as a bar-girl, or any occupation that some might denegrate, then so be it. We always mention where the couple met, for instance, in the application. Sometimes it is necessary to mention the applicant's occupation, or previous occupation, and, if so, then we do that. One OP said that it is not the Embassy's place to make moral judgments, and that is correct. We have never had an application refused where disclosure of the occupation has been an issue, and we have obtained visas for many customers. In fact, and I cannot prove this, obviously, we have had only one UK visit visa refused in the past 12 months, and that was because the applicant provided a fraudulent job reference. The Embassy visa section checked with the claimed employer, who turned out to be a friend of the applicant trying to do her a favour.

At our initial interview we go into the applicant's background, employment, savings, income, property, reasons to return to Thailand, etc. Similarly, we go into the sponsor's background, especially looking at his/her ability to support and accommodate the applicant, when and where the couple met, how many times they have met, etc. At the end of the initial interview we have a good idea of how we should present the application to the Embassy to, hopefully, obtain the visa. If, at this initial interview, it becomes obvious that a visa would not be issued, then we inform the applicant and sponsor of this. If they then wish to go to an agent who " guarantees" a visa, then they are free to do so.

Our initial interview with the applicant and sponsor is free.

Edited by VisasPlus

Honestly, What planet do you come from????. Example: Do you think that a serial peodophile applying for a job to work as a nursery assistant would be successful in his (or her) application "totally", as you put it, on account of them being completely honest in admitting to such serious flaws in their sexual character. Don't you think that suitability and satisfying the relevant bodies that you qualify as of right (according to the rules laid down) might carry a tad more weight in their decision making!!!! You can be as overtly honest as you like, but believe me, if you don't tick all the right boxes then your visa will be denied. Another thing - it helps if you are polite and co-operative ALL the time during the application process and you must hope that the person dealing with your application is a reasonable enough person to look down sympathetically upon you - whenever anything contentious crops up (could be something such as a trivial technicality) which could scupper the whole thing.

Don't admit to anything that won't aid your application unless you "totally" have to, as honesty will only serve you well when it's something they want to see and hear!!! REMEMBER - it is their job to ensure that you can pass all that's required of you and NOT to give you the 'treasured visa' because you are a nice and sincere person that is so "totally" forthcoming in the honesty stakes.

I have three friends who applied to take their partners to Europe, two to the UK amd one to Holland. The two to the UK used an agent who helped to complete the forms and train the "partners" one female and one male who worked in bars and gave their occupation as such, on questions that might be asked such as date of birth of European, his family details with addresses and DOB's etc. No lies just the truth, they had to prove the relationship with email copies, letters etc. Both were accepted as they also had guarantees of funding and a place to live. The third did not use an agent and also lied about her occupation and was refused a visa to Holland. Tell the truth about the occupation but do not go into details other than serve drinks and talk to customers, anything extra is private and personal and of no concern to anyone else including the Embassy.

I think that the pertinent thing here as to the reason for the successful outcome of the 2 UK visa applicants getting their visas lies in the fact that "they had guarantees of funding and a place to live. The other aspects could have (probably) counted against her, but I don't think that you can claim, if that's indeed what you are doing, that her non-use of an agent or her lying about some of the given details was essentially to blame for the rejection in the Dutch case. It does sound like it was doomed to failure "from the off", however, taking all things into account!!

I do agree that it is best and only necessary to divulge such as that they ask for, as something you might quite innocently reveal could be viewed dimly and you could end up regretting the fact that you included this information in your application. Just supply them with what they ask for and nothing else UNLESS you are absolutely convinced that it will aid your cause ie: you have a holiday home in Monte Carlo or that "daddy" spends most of his retired life on his yatch (yacht) travelling the world.

Honestly, What planet do you come from????.

Earth.

Do you think that a serial peodophile applying for a job to work as a nursery assistant would be successful

Trying to compare apples with oranges eh.

it helps if you are polite

Doesn't it always, works in forums too.

Don't admit to anything that won't aid your application

Please indicate where I suggested otherwise?

Also, usually not advisable to marry bar girls as it more often than usual ends in divorce, is that not right Thaddeus?

Now now, your bridge is showing.

But if you want my answer to that off topic post, I would say that more western marriages end in divorce.

Also, usually not advisable to marry bar girls as it more often than usual ends in divorce, is that not right Thaddeus?

Can you substantiate your claim?

I suspect your information is based on opinion and not factual statistics, have you weighted in the fact that if a marriage ends in divorce both parties tend to "wash their dirty wasing in public", a happily married man is hardly likely to say he meet his wife selling herself.

Or if a man has to resort to finding a wife by trawling bars in Thailand it may be because they are incapable of holding down a long lasting relationship,

Getting back to the OP question, from VAF1A: 5.2 What is your present work or job or occupation? this question asks for current job title only not full job description or previous work history.