Tbone

murrinman

If you are going to cook/BBQ at home, Rim Ping has some excellent aged local beef T-bone that they will cut to any thickness for you. Not cheap, but not imported beef prices, either.

I got some about 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick and they turned out beautifully. Everyone thought they were delicious.

At The Olde Bell we get our T bones from Rimping. Good quality and not too expensive.

As to your slightly barbed comment about us being the 'Big Smoke' I suspect you are alluding to our air quality problems. This year so far, the air quality remains good! Hope you enjoy your stay

anywhere else than home south of lampang is the big smoke but after that yank got busted there maybe no smoke tried to get there today but didnt get past visiting relatives in lampoons big house give it another try thursday old bell do you do t bones for lunch

Yes Sir! I must admit we don't sell many at lunchtime, but the day chef is quite capable!

We sell a lot in the evenings

Although we get whatever is the best deal at Rimping usually the T bone is Australian, The Rib Eye is NZ and the Fillet is 'KU' or 'Thai/French' - whatever they mean!

I've never really thought of Chiang Mai as a big city - more like a village that's never grown up (and I mean that very kindly, its my home city and I love it!) The only Big Smoke in Thailand for me would be the 'Big Mango' and once or twice a year is more than enough of Bangkok for us!! anyway, glad to hear you weren't being rude about the air quality!!

For anyone looking for T-Bones or any other cut to cook themselves, I highly recommend the Thai/French Butcher shop located on Irrigation Canal Road about 100 meters south of the Pu Come hotel - part of a restaurant called "Pon Yang Kham".

Very high quality beef and very good butchers on site. They will cut to order. You name the thickness. I love their Ribeye. Never frozen.

They supply many high end restaurants and hotels in town but are happy to cut just one steak.