TOT Broadband ADSL

jingjingna

Hi all

requested ADSL over a month ago and all was quiet until I got my phone bill and noticed that they have charged me for the service although I don't have adsl yet..I think! :D

I called TOT and they said I will need to purchase an ADSL modem from their shop.

Now forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question..why can't the built in modem for my pc be used? Is there something special about their own modem?

My pc is new and it has an ethernet port (whatever that is :o )..if I do have to buy a modem from them is there any particular type I need? My pc is an HP A1152L if this helps ..?

Please reply urgently as I will be going to the TOT shop today and want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks a million :D

I've never heard of any computers with built in ADSL modems. I mean, if you haven't purchased PCI ADSL modem card for it in the past.

Well anyways, better that you get ADSL router than USB modem. USB modems seem to be often more problematic. Also, you don't need to pick it up from TOT shop... any shop will do :o

Personaly I have SMC Barricade 7904WBRA ADSL2+ router with WLAN in use with TOT ADSL and I'm quite happy with it.

ode

I'm using TOT ADSL too, and u don't need to use one of their modems. As the poster above said, better off to get a Router with a built in ADSL modem. SMC, Linksys and D-Link are popular brands.

Make sure u get the settings from TOT, username, password, VCI and VPI parameters.