Marriage In Thailand

Hi All

Could someone please help me and send a working link so that we can print the template for the Affirmation to marry form ? All the links i have wont connect or have been removed for one reason or another?

We have researched and planned for 3 years now and the time for ouir wedding has finally arrive and will be wednesday the 16th Feb (next week):)

Please help us in locating this form.

Can we just collect it from the British embassy personally or must we download it and fill it in prior to our application.

Kind Regards

Hope this will help:

http://ukinthailand....7/exmaple-marry

You will need to amend it to suit.

Thanks alot

Is it ok to just retype it following word for word? obviously changing where we need to?

I tried to amend it on there but im pretty computer illiterate to be honest.

It wouldnt let me type or delete anything. any advice please?

sorry to be a pain

Kind regards

Hope this will help:

http://ukinthailand....7/exmaple-marry

You will need to amend it to suit.

Thanks alot

Is it ok to just retype it following word for word? obviously changing where we need to?

I tried to amend it on there but im pretty computer illiterate to be honest.

It wouldnt let me type or delete anything. any advice please?

sorry to be a pain

Kind regards

It is a .pdf document, I tried to cut and past to Word but it gets corrupted, best cut and past to "Notepad" this will strip the formatting then cut and past to word and tidy up, there are about 20 fields of information to change.

Best of luck.

exmaple-marry.pdfLooking at the .pdf document "Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry" from the British Embassies website.

I have noted the following points and wonder what members think the correct action is:

1. The various statements are list alphabetically down to g) then the last is (g) this seems to be an error in the example, should it be corrected to "h)" when copying the form?

2. If a person had on their birth certificate "Farther Unknown" or was abandoned and names of farther or mother were not known what should one put in place of farther/mothers names?

3. Re dependants from a previous marriage or relationship, is this just children one has sole or joint responsibility to provide for? and if so what should one put in place of the statement "e) and I have dependants from my previous marriage or relationships."?

4. If a one was say resident in Thailand with a valid WP and was paid in THB would you convert GBP or quote THB as monthly income? Further more if say one was working in Singapore would you quote SGD or convert to GBP (or THB)?

exmaple-marry.pdf

Edited by Basil B

exmaple-marry.pdfLooking at the .pdf document "Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry" from the British Embassies website.

I have noted the following points and wonder what members think the correct action is:

1. The various statements are list alphabetically down to g) then the last is (g) this seems to be an error in the example, should it be corrected to "h)" when copying the form?

2. If a person had on their birth certificate "Farther Unknown" or was abandoned and names of farther or mother were not known what should one put in place of farther/mothers names?

3. Re dependants from a previous marriage or relationship, is this just children one has sole or joint responsibility to provide for? and if so what should one put in place of the statement "e) and I have dependants from my previous marriage or relationships."?

4. If a one was say resident in Thailand with a valid WP and was paid in THB would you convert GBP or quote THB as monthly income? Further more if say one was working in Singapore would you quote SGD or convert to GBP (or THB)?

exmaple-marry.pdf

I am currently typing out this form and also have noticed the errors and mixed format.

Anyone have a view on Point 3 above?

Thanks

1) Obviously.

2) What it says on your birth certificate.

3) Any dependants from one's previous marriages (if any) would normally be one's children, would they not? Put the number of dependants between "have" and "dependants." If none, put "no" as per the example.

4) Put whatever currency you are paid in. If working outside the UK, I'd suggest saying so as well. For example:"My occupation is Magician in Thailand and I have an income of 1000 baht per month."

Remember, the form is an example, and whilst yours must follow the format provided by the Thai government, you should put what is true for you.