Motorbike Turn Signal Beeper...

sfokevin

I'm a new motorbike owner (Yamaha Nouvo)...

One thing that a keep doing is hitting the turn signal to make a turn and then forget to turn it off!!!... Leading to many stern smiles form the locals -

Is there a beeper (Not loud!... like the tuktuks in Phenom Phen... :huh: ) that can be added to the switch?

Hello,

On my Chinese Harley it's standard but I think if you want to make it you must look if the automatic switch have a second make contact that you can use. If not some wire, 2 diode(BY 127 or so) and a little electronic beeper will do the trick.

Regards :jap:

I KNOW they are available because every motorcycle sold in Vietnam comes with one of these devices already installed. They must be required by law there. Christ, you've got about 2,000 motorbikes roaring through a 5 lane intersection with their turn signals beeping. What an obnoxious cacaphony it is! God help us if they ever come to Thailand. Better to just leave your blinker on.

Hello,

On my Chinese Harley it's standard but I think if you want to make it you must look if the automatic switch have a second make contact that you can use. If not some wire, 2 diode(BY 127 or so) and a little electronic beeper will do the trick.

Regards :jap:

Chinese Harley?

Fitted one to a Honda wave a few years ago for the same reason. If standing at a traffic light for perhaps two minutes the noise drove me crazy, and everyone else around me. I stuck some tape over the speaker and this made it more bearable but then I couldn't hear it after taking off from the lights.

Just to add that there are automatic switches available.Choice between switches that turn off after a certain timespan and ones that turn off after a certain distance.Don't ask me where to buy them as I don't know but the second option system is installed on my bike from factory.

Had one installed at Honda shop in Chiang Mai. Think they used beeper for truck backup. Wrapped tape around it to lower volume. They understood exactly what I wanted and why. Cost about 400 baht installed. It fit under dash speedomoter area.

Had one installed at Honda shop in Chiang Mai. Think they used beeper for truck backup. Wrapped tape around it to lower volume. They understood exactly what I wanted and why. Cost about 400 baht installed. It fit under dash speedomoter area.

Actually trucks use beeper light bulbs, don't they..... Well they knew exactly where to go for the beeper and said they had done it several times before.....

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the same ones off ebay.

Search for "M/CYCLE INDICATOR BUZZER KIT inc wiring and fixings"

It was only 5.40 UK total mailed to here.

Pretty simple to wire into my Nouvo blinkers.

I just popped out the wire leads and soldered to them.

2.jpg

They are too loud even through my helmet.

I'm going to have to cover them in tape to suppress the noise.

Pretty cheap investment to improve safety and not ride like a dork with his blinker on for 10 KMs.

I ordered the same ones off ebay.

Search for "M/CYCLE INDICATOR BUZZER KIT inc wiring and fixings"

It was only 5.40 UK total mailed to here.

Pretty simple to wire into my Nouvo blinkers.

I just popped out the wire leads and soldered to them.

2.jpg

They are too loud even through my helmet.

I'm going to have to cover them in tape to suppress the noise.

Pretty cheap investment to improve safety and not ride like a dork with his blinker on for 10 KMs.

You`re welcome..no need to search when i gave you the link...now go wash those hands....

Edited by rizla

I took a lot of teasing as I wired in automotive turn signal flashers, which the auto wreckers wouldn't even charge me for, into the turn signal wiring of my DR350 and DR650. I bypassed the existing relay, easy on the Zuks, and installed the automotive relay which includes a speaker for the tick - tock sound.

Flashers clicked slower some what, and the recognizable sound was easily heard at low speed. Thou at higher speeds and aggressive driving it was easy to miss, but overall kept me from ride with the blinkers left on confusing the motorcycle unfriendly Canadians that exist (believe it or not).