Main Buyer'S Of Bangkoks Prime Property

Bangkok's premium property market will remain attractive in the eyes of foreigners, but buyers are expected to change from Europeans to Afghans and Chinese, consulting firm Knight Frank Thailand said yesterday.

"Afghanistan is a country rich in mineral resources, while China's economy rose rapidly last year. Thus we will see a turning point in product specifications and standards for projects in the pipeline," said Frank Khan, director of the residential department.

The segment has been dominated by wealthy overseas investors, such as Scandinavians and other Europeans and those living in Hong Kong, Singapore, mainland China and some other parts of Asia.

However, the profile is expected to change from Europeans to Asians, mainly Chinese, Singaporeans and Afghans.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Chinese-Afhans-expected-to-become-main-buyers-of-p-30148145.html

Frankly, I would say that the biggest buyers of Bangkoks Prime property is Thai speculators. Becasue they buy , job lots of the plan at a discount and then resell to new buyers closer to the developments completion or when prices rise enough for a profit.

Knight Frank are no doubt talking about the Foreign Component only - just more lousy quality reporting from the Nation...

i have had 2 Afgans buy property from me in the last month .. there is plenty of money floating there, ( one worked in oil, and the other in telecoms )

dont knock the new wealth countries, they have a lot of liquid money that they cant and wont invest in there own country.

i have had 2 Afgans buy property from me in the last month .. there is plenty of money floating there, ( one worked in oil, and the other in telecoms )

dont knock the new wealth countries, they have a lot of liquid money that they cant and wont invest in there own country.

Send them to me they can have my house, we are off to Saudi.laugh.gif