In Vientiane - Questions About Double Entry Tourist Visa

Hi. I'm in Vientiane and will be heading to to the embassy tomorrow.

I'm Looking at the website, and they don't make any mention of having double entry tourist visas available. Do I just fill out the regular tourist visa application, go to the window, and tell them I want a double entry tourist visa?

Also, does it matter at all if I opt to stay in Laos for a month before reentry? Will that reduce the amount of time I can spend in Thailand?

Final question: I got a Lao visa at the friendship bridge. It lists the day I arrived (Feb 12), but doesn't tell me how long the visa is good for or a date I must exit by. Anyone know how long the Lao visa is good for?

Thanks

-Andrew

I'm Looking at the website, and they don't make any mention of having double entry tourist visas available. Do I just fill out the regular tourist visa application, go to the window, and tell them I want a double entry tourist visa?

New form should have a box to write how many entries you want. Before you would have to write x2 for a double on the top corner. Tell them at the window, they'll tell you where to write it, or tell you that they won't give you one.

Also, does it matter at all if I opt to stay in Laos for a month before reentry? Will that reduce the amount of time I can spend in Thailand?

Your Thai tourist visa will have an 'Enter Before' date. Which will be 90 days from when the visa's given. When you enter before this date you get a stamp for a 60 day stay.

Final question: I got a Lao visa at the friendship bridge. It lists the day I arrived (Feb 12), but doesn't tell me how long the visa is good for or a date I must exit by. Anyone know how long the Lao visa is good for?

A month I believe?

Loa visa = 30 days

Where the form asks what visa you require just tick tourist then put x 2 .plenty of people there that will show you. Don't get involved with the agents outside it is easy . You need photo copies of your passport id & the page with your Loas Visa & your entry card. Don,t forget photos

2 months for legal married couples with a Lao spouse involved and "her"children.

show copy lao marriage certificate (at hand)

New form should have a box to write how many entries you want. Before you would have to write x2 for a double on the top corner. Tell them at the window, they'll tell you where to write it, or tell you that they won't give you one.

Your Thai tourist visa will have an 'Enter Before' date. Which will be 90 days from when the visa's given. When you enter before this date you get a stamp for a 60 day stay.

A month I believe?