Instant Thai Language Translator With Speech Output For Iphone 4?

Sandman77

Hello!

i am looking for a aplication for the iphone 4,its called instad translator i see on discovery channel ,that have direct speach out put in english thai and via vera,i speak in english and phoen response automatcly in thai language,would be very usefull,when i try to learn the language now in the school!

in the apple app store there are hundrets of translation ,the tool that i try to find should be translate thai//englisch and to german,where i can controll with my voice,i fly to thailand again in 2 weeks,also should know the network settings for ais 12 call for iphone i have only activated gprs,in what areas in thailand is 3g avalible?

thanks for your help!

I recommend one I just bought - Talking Thai English dictionary.

http://www.word-in-the-hand.com/thaidictiphone_ov.html

Doesn't have speech recognition, but it has a very fast search function, and has the "word in word" feature which I like - it tells you what other Thai words a Thai word is made up from. It also has pronunciations for all words

It's $25 but it's very well made and well worth it IMO, considering it's way better than any of the electronic talking dictionary products you can buy, and also cheaper.

By the way: Even if there is one that has speech recognition, if the Apple iPhone voice control feature is any indication it won't work very well. Chances are typing in words is going to be way faster. Talking Thai I mentioned above, you type words, and it matches as you type so you usually only type the first 3 or 4 characters until you find what you're looking for.

Edited by nikster

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend one I just bought - Talking Thai English dictionary.

http://www.word-in-t...tiphone_ov.html

Doesn't have speech recognition, but it has a very fast search function, and has the "word in word" feature which I like - it tells you what other Thai words a Thai word is made up from. It also has pronunciations for all words

It's $25 but it's very well made and well worth it IMO, considering it's way better than any of the electronic talking dictionary products you can buy, and also cheaper.

By the way: Even if there is one that has speech recognition, if the Apple iPhone voice control feature is any indication it won't work very well. Chances are typing in words is going to be way faster. Talking Thai I mentioned above, you type words, and it matches as you type so you usually only type the first 3 or 4 characters until you find what you're looking for.

How does this compare with google translate? I don't use voice recognition, as that's usually not good anyway. I type and get suggestions and google translate is usually 90% on the mark.

Maybe I will get an android version of this.