To Purchase Good Quality Yard Tools? Where In Cm?

sendbaht

I went out outside yard tool shopping yesterday. Ended up at Home Pro. They had some pretty good quality shovel/hoe/rack and such but they looked like what I use in Boy Scots. The handels were like 3' long. Yes, I know and may have to make my own but is there a place with tools to be purchased for men that are over 6' 184cm?

Thanks so much.

I think that you forgot one thing, Thais don't generally do their own gardening. If you live in the city there's no room except for flower pots. So there's no demand for the full size tools. But if anyone does know where to find some please post it, really want some too.:whistling:

I don't think anyone sells them. I've looked at all the usual places. I bought some good quality yard tools from the shop in Kamthieng Market (the one that sells only tools, chemicals, etc.) All of the tools came without any handles at all. The seller put me in contact with a guy in the market that fitted all the tools with bamboo poles as per my telling him how long I wanted each one. He drilled holes and fitted them with screws, etc. All for about 200 Baht. Almost 3 years later, none of them have broken.

I've tried Global House khun Thailand but only found tools my Thai wife is tall enough for.

I believe you may need some new tools Khun ElE, ready to sell them?:))

I guess I will have to do the build your own custom route....crap all the yard tools I gave away back home. How stupid I was.

I'll second the recommendation for Kamthieng Market. There's a small shop selling gardening tools near the head office for the market. I bought some very sturdy shovels & hoes there. The handles for the hoes were too long for my Thai workers, so they promptly hacked a foot or two off the end. The good stuff wasn't cheap, though.

After bending several Thai toy shovels, I discovered that they arn't meant to dig....Then, one lucky day I found a 'true temper' heavy duty American shovel in Home Pro and bought it without looking at price tag and it has held up for 10+yrs and is the envy of every worker that we've had.

I haven't seen one anywhere in LOS since that lucky day 10yrs ago.

After bending several Thai toy shovels, I discovered that they arn't meant to dig....Then, one lucky day I found a 'true temper' heavy duty American shovel in Home Pro and bought it without looking at price tag and it has held up for 10+yrs and is the envy of every worker that we've had.

I haven't seen one anywhere in LOS since that lucky day 10yrs ago.

One thing I do not like doing, borrowing someones tools, but jaideeguy can I please borrow your shovel.:)) Joking...

Like finding gold was it not?

Concur with Jaideeguy.

Was it really ten years ago?

Bought a spade and rake, brand Truper, made in Mexico.

Still in use.

Went back a couple of months later to buy a shovel and fork - sold out.

They've never had any since, although I do look from time to time.