Missing Thai Private Lc Documents

I am in a dispute situation with the co-director of our thai-owned private limited company (my wife is the 51% shareholder), the office is in a shophouse which is also his home, he is leaving the country at the weekend and has accepted a position overseas.

He refuses to hand over the originals of the company documents and the company chop which are in his safe.

is there anything legal I can do quickly in this situation to recover the documents?

Help please!

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I assume the majority shareholder(s) are on your side and will actively participate in a legal action - it may even be possible to get an injunction against his leaving the country?

If you want to stay within the law, get a good lawyer. Since the one that set the company up for you should have advised you on how to avoid such a mess in the first place, I would suggest using a different one for this instance.

Assuming you get a good (but aggressive) one, s/he may be able to take some "creative" steps to quickly resolve the situation without exposing you to legal liability.

But if there are personal/family issues standing in the way of forceful measures, then the situation becomes much trickier.

Best of luck, and do please report back here how things go!

If either you or your wife are the co-director then you can go to the Ministry of Commerce to request a certified copy of the company documents. If you send someone then a power of attorney would need to be given to that person in order to request the certified copies.

Sunbelt Asia can assist you in this matter and in also getting a new company stamp made.

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/