Emergency Numbers Samui/Thailand

Zorne

Hi!

I´ve seen different kinds of numbers etc floating around so I just want to have some clear answers to what numbers to call. Is there any such thing as a centralized emergency system like 911?

1. If I end up in a serious accident and imediate medical attention is required (ie ambulance).

a) What number do I call if on Samui?

b ) What number do I call if in random Thai city/village?

2. Police

a) What number do I call if on Samui?

b ) What number do I call if in random Thai city/village?

Also, I would like to know more about the hospital/emergency situation on Samui.

3. What hospital is my best option If in a serious accident?

4. What hospital will they most likely bring a farang if he is so injured that he can't communicate?

Edited by Zorne

your post is probably sincere and deserves legit responses but you're about to find out in a few moments through some inevitable comments that you are better off not involving the police at all, in almost any encounter and that there is no need to call an ambulance, five have probably already been called for you.

your post is probably sincere and deserves legit responses but you're about to find out in a few moments through some inevitable comments that you are better off not involving the police at all, in almost any encounter and that there is no need to call an ambulance, five have probably already been called for you.

:( Don't even try BKK Samui Hospital. As of this morning all their 40 rooms are full with dengue fever patients !

:( Don't even try BKK Samui Hospital. As of this morning all their 40 rooms are full with dengue fever patients !

really ? . has there been an outbreak somewhere, surprised this is not in the news

that's not good news, dengue is not fun.

snapback.pngjoe84330, on 2011-02-14 15:20:05, said:

that's not good news, dengue is not fun.""

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is Dengue fever around, It is probably why they were spraying for mosquitoes around Maenam a week or two back... perhaps other areas too... ?

This LINK is pinned & has all the relevant information regarding Samui.

I am not trying to be critical here, as this could be useful information....... but many of the numbers posted on this link where done by SBK & Limbos (back in 2008) where posted before the telephone number system changed from 9 digits to 10... I believe I am correct there?

If someone can say where to find a copy of the Yellow Pages (never seen, that I remember?) but I'll take on the task of updating the numbers... with the 9 digits.... to 10.... :jap:

• 2 weeks later...

I am not trying to be critical here, as this could be useful information....... but many of the numbers posted on this link where done by SBK & Limbos (back in 2008) where posted before the telephone number system changed from 9 digits to 10... I believe I am correct there?

If someone can say where to find a copy of the Yellow Pages (never seen, that I remember?) but I'll take on the task of updating the numbers... with the 9 digits.... to 10.... :jap:

Can anyone help me with finding the Yellow pages or other source of useful phone numbers?

I have checked various places to no avail... even checked out some maps, which have various numbers for police & hospitals, but print so small you can hardly read it... :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with finding the Yellow pages or other source of useful phone numbers?

I have checked various places to no avail... even checked out some maps, which have various numbers for police & hospitals, but print so small you can hardly read it... :blink:

Updated all the info HERE.

that's not good news, dengue is not fun.

How did I miss this? :o

At least three of them were said to actually have the disease....:bah:

allegedly etc etc....$$$$$$$$