So Many Villas In Samui, Are They Selling?

It seems the demand is indeed as high as it seems. Many of the villas being built are being built by people that bought land there.........myself included. The many other projects, townhouses, villas, condos are all being marketed abroad. The property developers are going primarily to HK but also to property shows in Singapore, KL and to Japan. With the opening up of non-stops to HK, Sing and KL, with Japan possibly to folow next year, there is a huge tapable reservoir of money that is willing to be spent on Samui. Despite Samui's glaring problems, infrastructure, water supply etc, Samui is perceived abroad as an island paradise. I can't see the prices going down at least in the short term. I bought a rai for about 7.4 million a few months ago and now less desirable rai's are asking 12.5 million. Where will it stop????? Who knows....

There is no way you are getting a non stop flight from Japan - its beyond the range of any commerical aircraft (other than private Lear jets etc) capable of landing at Samui, which to all intents and purposes is just BKK Air due to their pricing approach which has effectively ruled out other operators as its just too expensive to land and turn around aircraft economically. If a new airport is built, then maybe it could accomodate Japan flights but thats a good few years away. You may get a scenario where a flight routes from Japan through HKG to Samui but as the largest plane BKK air have is 717, landing fee's at Japan and HKG would again make it an uneconomic proposition.

There are so many villas being built on Samui these days.  So many little developments.  Are they all going to be sold?  Is the place being overbuilt?  Is the demand really as high as it would seem?

Opinions please...

I love Koh Samui.

We rent them when and if we need them.

Also, stick all the villas into your arse, they are safe in there.

There are so many villas being built on Samui these days.  So many little developments.  Are they all going to be sold?  Is the place being overbuilt?  Is the demand really as high as it would seem?

Opinions please...

I love Koh Samui.

We rent them when and if we need them.

Also, stick all the villas into your arse, they are safe in there.

LOL :o

Good closing line