Anything Cheaper, But As Hot As The Porsche 911?

wants2no

thanks for all the input. To clear things up--The car is for my Thai wife who is the daughter of a Member of Parliament and will have special identification serving your concerns for security of the car. She does a lot of highway driving and would get good use from it.

But, no, I don't want to spend 3 million baht. Is there another used hot car to be found in Thailand for around a million baht that we could count on satisfying her need for status? Dolling it up with fender flares and whale tail spoilers is acceptable. But if a lovely used infiniti, or some such sedan or coupe, obviously more demure, could be touched for that price, I could probably convince her.

Please advise and thanks again. By the way, I met her when I had a 928, which I adored. Your advice, to date, has been truly enjoyable to read, please post more.

To be honest I am not sure if this enquiry is genuine .

However rather than asking us to suggest a car for your lovely wife why don't you get down to Super Cars, tel 02617 2976 and choose for youself. They have a nice selection of Porche Ferrari Bmw Etc, Etc and even some convertibles.

Best of Luck

true brand status doesn't come cheap, if you cant afford the real thing then dont even attempt to compete at that level.

anything you buy for a million will scream "only a million" to those who judge status by the value of the car they drive and your little wifey will become a laughing stock amongst her peers in her customised wide wheeled smoke belching 3rd hand bmw or honda.

you dont get much status for a million.

far better to purchase something universally cool such as a mini cooper which wont cost the earth and will look quite good.

or, and this is only a suggestion, trade the wife in for a more practical low maintenance less pretentious newer model and save yourself a fortune. :o

thanks for all the input.  To clear things up--The car is for my Thai wife who is the daughter of a Member of Parliament and will have special identification serving your concerns for security of the car.  She does a lot of highway driving and would get good use from it. 

But, no, I don't want to spend 3 million baht.  Is there another used hot car to be found in Thailand for around a million baht that we could count on satisfying her need for status?  Dolling it up with fender flares and whale tail spoilers is acceptable.  But if a lovely used infiniti, or some such sedan or coupe, obviously more demure, could be touched for that price, I could probably convince her. 

Please advise and thanks again.  By the way, I met her when I had a 928, which I adored.  Your advice, to date, has been truly enjoyable to read, please post more.

:o

Me thinks as follows.

You buy for yourself the “Elite Card” cost now under 1M with the present exchange rate as they only accept in U$ 25,000.00 me think (maybe wong again), and then give her your used P 928 and you Kan both keep “Face” within your circles. B)

You Kan show your Car-d and your good lady Kan show her Car errrrrrrrr (as it is going round a corner). B)

Nudge, nudge nod is a good as a wink. :D

B)

Guest IT Manager
true brand status doesn't come cheap, if you cant afford the real thing then dont even attempt to compete at that level.

anything you buy for a million will scream "only a million" to those who judge status by the value of the car they drive and your little wifey will become a laughing stock amongst her peers in her customised wide wheeled smoke belching 3rd hand bmw or honda.

you dont get much status for a million.

far better to purchase something universally cool such as a mini cooper which wont cost the earth and will look quite good.

or, and this is only a suggestion, trade the wife in for a more practical low maintenance less pretentious newer model and save yourself a fortune. :o

Give the wife to charity since daddy isn't much chop, buy 30 buffalo and a sheep. Then pop round to Dad in law and ask to trade in his daughter on something else. Doesn't matter what, it will be a better deal.

Let Daddy dear buy the car. You pop up to Nana and find a substantially cheaper wife. If keeping you means getting a Porsche, you dear, are a Pratt, as they say in Chiang Mai.

Guest IT Manager

In this bit as well Maerim, but it would be churlish to say he is a fool for marrying something that needs a Porsche to hang round anyway.

IMHO he would be better watching the tennis and eating the strawberries himself rather than drag along the hi-so bint.

Concomitant with that, I am yet to meet a bint that can drive a Porsche, or anything else with grunt either.

Pass the strawberries daaarrlliinnggghhh.

thanks for all Me thinks as follows.

You buy for yourself the “Elite Card” cost now under 1M with the present exchange rate as they only accept in U$ 25,000.00 me think (maybe wong again),

Kan Win, you beat me on this one. Take the card and get a limo for free.

BTW, you are 'wong', some poor paupers still may pay in Baht.